Modded my Novatac 120P Pocket Clip

jryan76

Newly Enlightened
Well, I get the feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of this in the days to come.

I really didnt like the pc this came with, it was way to Non low profile for my likings. And I rarely carry them clipped to a pocket anyhow, usually just loose in the pocket on a lanyard is my preferred method.

So out came the dremel this evening. I left the hole for a lanyard, although it holds the split ring very secure so I doubt I'll need it.
It will still work in the pocket as well. I had to give it a satin finish while I was at it
smile.gif

Question:
Does everybody elses pocket clips on these lights just freely spin around the light???
I cant get the button end screwed down any tighter and the pc just spins around, really kind of bugs me.

Anyhow, comments welcome!

Thanks for looking, sorry for the crappy pic.

NovatacMod.jpg

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job. I'm thinking a GITD ring around it where the clip is may stop the spinning. I'd probably also get a slightly smaller split ring and put it through the clip hose. All of my EDC lights get a paracord lanyard. And a secret Titanium backup device I have yet to show anyone here. :grin2:

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice mod.
The tailcap has a machined groove that accepts the hole of the clip.
The groove will always remain the same size , no matter how tight you apply to the tail cap.

One trick you might try is to slightly kink the clip hole so that it takes on a wavy appearance. This increases the affective thickness and will help.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ is a huge exaggeration but illustrates the point

jryan76

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, the extra o-ring and the bend of the clip are both great ideas I might try!

Yes, a smaller split ring is a must, this just happen to be the smallest one I had on me at the time!

Thanks again