Upgrade for my G2?

flash_bang

Enlightened
I was thinking about getting an E2L, but I think I might want to upgrade my G2 for use of a "loaner" light or something. I was thinking about getting a cree upgrade, but then I thought that might produce more heat than my nitrolon bezel could withstand(or more heat than I would want).

I was mulling over the idea of getting an M2 bezel(black, o/c), and possibly a tailcap or something. I was wondering does the M2 bezel in black, is that black HA? or the black finish that is on the 6P? which one? How much is the M2 black bezel? what's the part number? how would I go about ordering it?

Thanks for the help,
Flash

flash_bang

Enlightened
Yeah, it would be a beater light. I was thinking of getting a drop in for my G2, and then making a lego light, a black m2 bezel with a g3 body and a z59 tailcap, anyone know the product numbers of the black M2 bezel and the G3 body? I would also need a drop-in for that that could handle 9V.
Thanks,
Flash

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a drop in- in my G2 and it's great. It will get warm if on for 20 minutes or more. Some of the very high power drop ins will probably get the light hot...

jbviau

Enlightened
I agree with Gunner here. While the Malkoff drop-in could take a beating by all accounts, I certainly wouldn't put it in a beater flashlight or loan it out! It's too nice (and too expensive).

About the M2 bezel, why exactly do you want to put it on a G3? If you're worried about heat dissipation, why not just get an all-metal light that's roughly the same size as the G3 like the 9P or the WE Raider? Or just stick with the nitrolon and avoid running any high-power drop-in for more than 10 minutes continuously.

My two cents. Happy upgrading!