TEMPURPEDIC BED

FASTCAR

Banned
I got this memory foam bed.I have had water beds,soma type,air beds and normal inner spring.

This is the best bed I have ever owned.I sleep so much better on it.Worth every penny.

Took 1 day for us to get use to it.

I will never own another "normal" bed

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have the 3 inch thick memory foam topper and its the best thing i've slept on.
it just goes on top of a regular mattress.

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
i have the 3 inch thick memory foam topper and its the best thing i've slept on.
it just goes on top of a regular mattress.

I have been thinking about getting one of these. There kinda expensive, but im sick of waking up with pain in my back from my spring mattress.

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this memory foam bed.I have had water beds,soma type,air beds and normal inner spring.

This is the best bed I have ever owned.I sleep so much better on it.Worth every penny.

Took 1 day for us to get use to it.

I will never own another "normal" bed

I've been thinking about getting one.
Is it "hot" against your body like the salesperson from select comfort says?
I've been thinking waterbed because I would like the feel of a cool mattress.

Gran Nismo

Newly Enlightened
You can buy the foam topping on Ebay for a good price. I did, I have the 4" and I also bought the jacquard cover for it, although a pain in the butt after washing it and trying to put it back on again. Well it may just be my problem, since my bed is at a corner, and the headboard and left side of my bed is against the wall.

I love it too! :twothumbs

gunga

Flashaholic
So the general consensus is that these mattress toppers are good? I have a pretty good pillow top on my mattress so I'm unsure if it will help as much...

I am using a memeory foam pilllow tho, quite like it since I'm a side sleeper and sometimes can't get good support using standard pillows...

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
If you generate a lot of body heat when you sleep, the Tempurpedic are horrible. I returned mine. However, using a topper on top of a cool waterbed is the perfect balance of both worlds IMHO.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
In reading Consumer Report reviews on different alternative sleep systems, aka Tempurpedic, Sleep Comfort, etc., it seems users have a love/hate relationship with them with not a lot of middle ground.

I bought a memory foam pillow and wasn't in love with it. A little hard and slow to respond to movements. Maybe the one I got wasn't very good. I wonder if there's major differences between the brands of memory foam available, do some respond faster to movement. Certainly in the ads, Tempurpedic claims to be superior to the wannabes and the price certainly is.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had good lick with www.memoryfoam.net

Mark runs the "Sleep Forums" and answered my 1,000,000 quesiotns before I bought.

If youhave a unique situaiton like an injury, specification or sleep problem... Let Mark know and he can offer some solutions!

(P.S. I have no ties to Mark other than being a very happy customer. He wouldn't even know my name)

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never tried the Tempurpedic bed/mattress, but vouch for the pillow. Pricey, but bought one for my father who was having neck problems. Multiple visits to his doctor and chiropractor provided temporary relief but the pain/stiffness always came back. All symptoms disappeared after he started using the Tempurpedic pillow. Might be a coincidence, but...

lightsandknives

Enlightened
In reading Consumer Report reviews on different alternative sleep systems, aka Tempurpedic, Sleep Comfort, etc., it seems users have a love/hate relationship with them with not a lot of middle ground.

I bought a memory foam pillow and wasn't in love with it. A little hard and slow to respond to movements. Maybe the one I got wasn't very good. I wonder if there's major differences between the brands of memory foam available, do some respond faster to movement. Certainly in the ads, Tempurpedic claims to be superior to the wannabes and the price certainly is.

I researched these for some time and the love/hate relationship is right on. Not much middle ground when it comes to preferences. I opted for the 4 inch topper just to test the waters and I ended up giving it to my oldest son. I tried for some time to get used to the pillow and just never could so I'm back on a standard mattress and pillow.

The hunt continues for the perfect combination for me.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be careful about the tempurpedic beds guys!

First of all, the mattress salespeople are every bit as bad as used car salespeople--in general, that is. They'll pressure you to buy right away, and use other high pressure sales tactics, and they'll leave out important bits of information about what's involved if you don't like the beds.

My brother and his wife bought a Tempurpedic mattress and really didn't like it, and had to pay extra money that they hadn't expected or been told about when they wanted to exchange it.

There's a lot of information on the web about these, and even a website by one guy who got screwed over on the whole deal. Some people love them, it's true. But not everyone by a long shot--that's for sure.

DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Because, it's a helluva lot of money to spend on a slab of foam! You can get other brands of memory foam beds for a lot less. There are some good webpages on memory foam, and the differences between memory foams, and guides to help you determine what you really want and so on.

Personally, I prefer two to three inches of good memory foam topper on a nice firm regular old spring-mattress. I recommend the toppers sold at Target and Wallmart that are 100 percent memory foam. (The thicker one(s) at Wallmart are combinations of latex w/ memory foam). They are about $50 to $75 IIRC. We have two of them (one from Target, 2 or 1.5 inch, plus one from wallmart 1.5 inch) on our bed, and to me it feels every bit as comfortable and supportive as the Tempurpedic beds at a fraction of the price.

Still, everyone's mileage will vary, and some people absolutely swear by their Tempurpedic beds--and that's great!--just be sure that you're one of those people before shelling out $2 to $3K on a block of foam, or be very sure about exactly the details for returning it if it doesn't work out for you.

FASTCAR

Banned
I actually know mark from memoryfoam.net.
He LOVES fuelon btw :D

Got my first bed in this house from mark :)

There are MANY kinds of memory foam..from crapola to good.Make sure if you go the internet route you know your stuff.

I.L.D and weight are everything.Also 5+ LB foam has a 4-7 day break-in time.

Mark use to own ( or still does) marks 1/2 price bedding.Not far back he was the #1 bed guy on Ebay

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
I actually know mark from memoryfoam.net.
He LOVES fuelon btw :D

Got my first bed in this house from mark :)

There are MANY kinds of memory foam..from crapola to good.Make sure if you go the internet route you know your stuff.

I.L.D and weight are everything.Also 5+ LB foam has a 4-7 day break-in time.

Mark use to own ( or still does) marks 1/2 price bedding.Not far back he was the #1 bed guy on Ebay

Mark is great:twothumbs my two inch topper came from him. I love it and so does my back, next time I will try the three inch :thumbsup:

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have neck pain/stiffness that is not relieved by the chiropractor. Maybe I'll give my memory foam pillow another shot. I was looking it over again and it's by Sleep Innovations. Has anybody heard of them? I think I got it at Costco a couple of years ago.

Never tried the Tempurpedic bed/mattress, but vouch for the pillow. Pricey, but bought one for my father who was having neck problems. Multiple visits to his doctor and chiropractor provided temporary relief but the pain/stiffness always came back. All symptoms disappeared after he started using the Tempurpedic pillow. Might be a coincidence, but...

FASTCAR

Banned
I know a thing or 2 about foams.At costco and BJs the best foams are from NOVAform.In general good foams are 4+ lbs.

I have tried cheepie foams in the past and did not like them at all.