Any ideas to make Ultrafire C2 tailstand? - Actually I just did it.

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Hey guys, does anyone have any ideas to make the Ultrafire C2 tail stand? I tried placing an Dexlight X1 rubber boot in place of it but the clearance is not large enough and causes the switch to either stick on or off not being able to switch it again. Possibly the idea of placing a spacer in between the Rubber boot and the tail cap that retains it to make it protrude less from the end?

EDIT

Actually, wouldn't placing a rubber o-ring that fits around the nub of the plastic rubber boot and then placing it into the tail cap accomplish what I had in mind? And wouldn't that also add water resistant properties to the tail cap?

EDIT

Actually I just did it. It worked perfectly and no gaps anywhere. Looks just like before but the rubber boot sits about 2 mm lower allowing the flashlight to tail stand.

Last edited:

johnny13oi

Enlightened
Did anyone find this useful or were able to replicate the results? I think the O-ring I used was 16mm O-ring.

johnny13oi

Enlightened
How thick was the o-ring?

I don't know. It was an extra one from a Dexlight. I plan on buying the 20 pack from DX for about $1 because I wanna keep all the things that the Dexlight came with just in case I want to sell it. The o-ring was like .. either 1mm - 1.5mm . Not that thick. Just thick enough to push the rubber boot back far enough so that it doesn't protrude from the rear.