6P Divelight?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I found this hard to believe, but there it was on the SF website under TESTIMONIALS- 6P blk:
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Dive Rescue

I have an older SureFire 6P that has accompanied me just about everywhere. As Police Detective and member of a regional Dive Rescue and Underwater Crime Scene unit, a reliable light must always be at hand. While conducting an underwater search for weapons used in a crime, the bulb in my dive light failed. I resorted to my 6P, and even under twenty feet of water it worked flawlessly! Your flashlights are first-rate quality and the best choice for public safety professionals. Phil B., Police Detective, Newbury, NH, USA
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Surprising?

Brightnorm

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not so hard for me to believe now. I put my E1 through the wash about a month ago. I didn't know it until I heard a loud metallic clunking noise in the dryer. It came out dry inside and out and lighted up perfectly. Only a little HA came off on the bezel. Other than that, just fine.

DonL

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
Not so hard for me to believe now. I put my E1 through the wash about a month ago... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. They're small enough that you forget they're in your pockets.

No water damage, no physical damage, and continued to work like a charm.

snake

Enlightened
If I am wrong correct me..
it may possible..
every 10M down in water give you 1 more bar,
so 20 feets add less than 1 extra bar. but I think you better turn on the light b4 you get into water (sure! turn it off after you come out), coz operation underwater make a very big difference..even a 200M G-shock didn't allow you to operate at 200M.

Size15's

Flashaholic
He could have a sealed TailCap.

I used to take my 12PM (without LOTC) into swimming pools. No problems (although the TailCap was screwed all the way on. With Lexan Lenses, getting a fully waterproof seal is often luck. Todays Pyrex Lenses are designed and sealed to make the Bezels as water-resistant as possible.

It is possible that he had a certified light. Perhaps he forgot?

Al

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats good to know the e1 will survive a goods washing
grin.gif