SF Tailcap Z58 inquiry......**PROBLEM SOLVED**

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I recently bought a Z58 LOTC Clicky condition NIP and it has just arrived. To my dismay, it worked flawlessly when partnered with Leef's 1x18650 and 2x18650 M/C with Milky's X464, KL6 and Z46 heads but it would not do so with an M3 body. I even tried with all the above M-series heads but still it wont function. SW01, SW02 and Z48 that I already have works with all combination though. Batteries that I used are P18650 for the leefs and P17500 for the M3 body...

What could be the problem?

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SF Tailcap Z58 inquiry......

Does the Z58 on the M3 work with SF123A batteries?
I have not thought about this....let me see, yes I have three new ones to try..............ha ha it works with 3xSF123A but not with 2xP17500:thinking: I still can't figure it out.....

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SF Tailcap Z58 inquiry......

Update, when Size15' suggested to try SF123A then I realized that the problem wasn't the tailcap and it was functioning as expected. The problem is obviously a contact problem.

That leaves the contact at the head. Unfortunately for SF, the internal design of the contact for big outer spring is just a step compared to a Leef where there is large area for the big spring to sit.

So what I did was pulled up the center and outer spring a bit and it is working fine now. IMO seating of the big and center spring as well as its length does pay an important role.....Thanks all