X-Glow XR-E Cree Torch

Haz

Enlightened
I like the fact it has a tactical switch, however i'm not too keen on the fact the head looks like the tail, besides the deeper grooves, it's easy to confuse the both ends, and i don't want to be pressing the lens in darkness.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this the light?

Cree XLamp XR-E LED

cree016smalljx2.jpg

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have samples of the 1 X AA, rechargeable, and 3x AA and they're decent - we're currently negotiating with the factory to bring in an assortment of the line - including their 130L headlamp and 3D cell model. :)

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have samples of the 1 X AA, rechargeable, and 3x AA and they're decent - we're currently negotiating with the factory to bring in an assortment of the line - including their 130L headlamp and 3D cell model. :)
I want their candle LED! That looks sweet.

boet

Newly Enlightened

MattK,
Did you ever test out these X-Glow lights?
Any good?
Thoughts?

I looked on your website, but did not see them listed.

Thanks for any comments.
boet

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes we tested a few different models. Some of them and they were okay but the price/quality/MOQ(min order qty) just didn't add up so I decided to pass.

The mfr has a new line out that we're looking at now - mostly multi-rebel models. :)

boet

Newly Enlightened
MattK, thanks for the reply.

Does anyone have one of the X-Glow Cree lights - care to post your thoughts?

Thanks.
Cheers,
boet

sparkie

Newly Enlightened
I have just purchased a X-Glow CREE XLamp model number ALC-0713D
It is a three D cell torch(aluminium housing) about 280mm long and 50mm across the lens.
Very heavy torch with 3 D cells in it.
No idea how good it is as it is the middle of the day here at the moment.:shrug:
Supposedly output is 176 Lumens.

I am going to be using it for work crawling through ceilings and under houses.
It doesn't have a tactical switch which is fine by me. Gives high output(176 lumens) low output(60 lumens) and flash at 176 lumens.
Comes with a nylon holder for mounting it on your belt or clip it to your backpack.
Claims 60 Hours High(maximum output 22 hours) whatever that means.
Weighs 764G with batteries...It feels it for sure.Good for beating up Possums.... Muhahahaha!
Cost $60.00AUS which is a ripoff but that is the standard price for these.
Sorry guys/gals I won't be able to do beam shots as I don't have a decent camera for it.
I am happy with it as it is available locally and has a cree led in it. I wouldn't know which bin its from but it is very white as far as I can tell.
--------------------------------
Well That was a flop. Good for about 50 yards and that's it.
Has a huge spread on it which nullifies any distance it is capable of.
Colour seems ok nice and white and probably kick arse up in the roof of any house but for a spot it doesn't perform. The lens is not adjustable either.
@ 50 yards it is a pretty strong light and allows you to see well enough. For what I plan to use it for it is perfect but by Candelpower forum standards I would not recommend it.:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

Last edited:

mhubble

Enlightened
Does anyone have one of the X-Glow Cree lights - care to post your thoughts?

Ive got a couple of the 1xaa cree models. I use one at work daily. Very well made, forward clickie. The lens is plastic so I replaced it with glass. Runtime on aa Duracell ultra is about 1.5 to 2.0 hours. Very bright for a aa light. For a simple AA light I think its the best that you can get.
They also came out with a rebel version that I got from KD. Stay away from the rebel version, very yellow tint, didnt seem to be made as well as the cree version.
They also make a 2xaa version Ive been trying to find but cant. I found it at a place in england but with shipping it was almost 100.00 USD.

nzschooltech

Newly Enlightened
I have just purchased a X-Glow CREE XLamp model number ALC-0713D
It is a three D cell torch(aluminium housing) about 280mm long and 50mm across the lens.
Very heavy torch with 3 D cells in it.
No idea how good it is as it is the middle of the day here at the moment.:shrug:
Supposedly output is 176 Lumens.

I am going to be using it for work crawling through ceilings and under houses.
It doesn't have a tactical switch which is fine by me. Gives high output(176 lumens) low output(60 lumens) and flash at 176 lumens.
Comes with a nylon holder for mounting it on your belt or clip it to your backpack.
Claims 60 Hours High(maximum output 22 hours) whatever that means.
Weighs 764G with batteries...It feels it for sure.Good for beating up Possums.... Muhahahaha!
Cost $60.00AUS which is a ripoff but that is the standard price for these.
Sorry guys/gals I won't be able to do beam shots as I don't have a decent camera for it.
I am happy with it as it is available locally and has a cree led in it. I wouldn't know which bin its from but it is very white as far as I can tell.
--------------------------------
Well That was a flop. Good for about 50 yards and that's it.
Has a huge spread on it which nullifies any distance it is capable of.
Colour seems ok nice and white and probably kick arse up in the roof of any house but for a spot it doesn't perform. The lens is not adjustable either.
@ 50 yards it is a pretty strong light and allows you to see well enough. For what I plan to use it for it is perfect but by Candelpower forum standards I would not recommend it.:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

Wish I knew this before I bought one :)

The claim for the output of 176 lumens somehow does not stack up. I have here a Ray-Bow XS-9509 with claimed similar output and uses only 2 Ds and it blows away this X-Glow thing by a mile.

Still it is pretty solid.