Clickie switch std on SF E2E - When?

finboy1672

Newly Enlightened
The 2003 SF catalog mentions that the E2E will get the clickie tailswitch in 2003. Does anyone have an idea as to when? I'd like to get the E2E as my EDC with that tailswitch, but I can't wait very long - I feel compelled to buy a flashlight every couple of weeks.

Thanks.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it was posted from the Shot Show that the clickie switch will be available in about three weeks. I think it will be an accessory item only if I'm correct, meaning you'll have to buy the light with the standard switch and order the clickie as an extra.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
finboy1672 said:
I feel compelled to buy a flashlight every couple of weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Ha! Ha! Tell me about it!

Size15's

Flashaholic
It is my understanding that the E Series Clickie will be available as an accessory first and in the fullness of time be phased into the off-the-shelf E1e & E2e models.

This makes sense to me because there are many, many people with the very popular E Series using their SureFires in "non-tactical" ways - the ability to buy a clickie for their exsisting flashlights is far more important to the majority of users.

To 'force' them to invest in a new E Series to get the Clickie would be silly (IMHO)

Al

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al:

How do you react to the apparent roadblocks SF presents to those who want to buy E, D, P, or M series bodies to use with their excess heads (aftermarket KLx series, TH, and Pyrex bezel purchases.) SF appears to say "Buy all the Bezels and Tailcaps you want -- We'll restict body sales so you have to buy more complete lights if you want more of your parts to be functional at the same time."

Large distributors are apparently able to get small numbers of bodies as "infrequent replacement parts", but heaven help the customer who wants to buy a body directly from SF.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lemlux has a good point. Particularly in the E1(E) in which I consider the KL1 to be a far better alternative for all purposes then the stock bezel. I own an E1 and E2 as well as a KL1 and picked the E1 bezel for sacrifice as I consider it to be less usefull then the E2 but given the choice, I would have purchased a KL1 with an E2(E) body for the extended runtime.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL1, KL2, and KL3 were meant to be alternate bezels to existing lights. I think of them as Surefire's way to provide the existing customer base with an avenue to convert their lights to LEDs at an affordable price point. If a customer wishes to buy a pure LED light instrument then the L1 (and L2 if it has not been nixed) are the way to go.

For better or worse Surefire decided on this business strategy. They want new customers to go for the L series rather than the KL series unless the incan option was needed. I myself was unhappy that I couldn't get a body to go with my KL1 when I first got mine but I accepted Surefire's choice (given the upcoming release of the L series).

I am with you in that I prefer to buy multiple fully functional lights rather than a single pipe with multiple bezels lying around gathering dust. I do find it peculiar that KL's and turboheads are not packaged with bodies (with the exception of the M3T) into distinct offerings.

Cheers.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I think that if SureFire offered off the shelf options like you are requesting they would need to expand again with a warehouse to hold it all.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect to be able to buy every combination off-the-shelf because in the past, this was attempted and not enough people were buying to make it viable.

If SureFire just offered the popular combinations, people would complain that they didn't have the combination that they personally wanted.

I had to buy an E1e so that I had the option to use the KL1 on either my E2e or E1e. Perhaps that's just life.

The KL3 can used on 92 off-the-shelf SureFires.

I bet you are not willing to pay to make and store stock of all these options?
I bet you are not willing to wait for the SureFire you want because they are making stock for all these options.

The KT4 can be used on 39 off-the-shelf SureFires.

It's just as well SureFire doesn't offer the Millennium Series in a choice of colours!

Al

P.S.
My counting skills and Sable Co's SureFire List may be a little off but you get the idea right?

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good point Al. On the other hand some combinations make sense to me as separate offerings because they would receive moderate to good acceptance. Of course Surefire has a better idea of what will fly and what will not in the market. Heck I am sure they would love to sell extra models if they make financial sense.

Personally I do not complain too much about business or marketing decisions like these. I am certain that Surefire does listen and try to accomodate its customers as much as possible. I have had nothing but stellar service from Surefire no matter the problem. I am a happy camper with or without an extra body for my KL's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Cheers.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al:

I was able to buy one D3 body from LPS on a special order a few months ago, and have 2 more on backorder with them that are on backlog from SF. I'm coping otherwise with one Doug Speck brass UBH (have in hand), a HA Doug Speck UBH (on order) 2 @ E2C adapters, and a McLux 3 cell body (in transit). I'm happy to buy from the Skunks and Doug, but I'd prefer to be able to buy SF bodies, particularly E series bodies.

BTW, are you suggesting that SF doesn't believe that they could sell a very large number of e series bodies if they so chose? I don't for a minute think that's a credible scenario.

kev1-1

Enlightened
Does any one know if the clickie tailcap for the E1e will be identical in size to the original tailcap? I want one...BUT, I have a kydex holster for my E1e and a change in diameter of the tailcap will mean it wont fit?

Any one know?