MOST POWERFUL LED TORCH

jenna

Newly Enlightened
Any suggestions? I mean something like INOVA T4.. that is pretty amazing. Does anyone know about a more powerful light (e.g. adjustable beam pattern, more lumens...)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A Malkoffdevices Maglite 4D, adjustable beam(but still has the signature Maglite doughnut if defocased. At least 130 lumen output. Or the Elektrolumen Stunner, 8 Seoul LEDs running off of 3 D Cells, 1200 lumens, but it think it is sold out. The Quadstar phazer uses 4 Seoul LEDs, 600 lumen according to the page.

Think of this, a single Cree/Seoul/Rebel 100 emitter can create 200+ lumen at the emitter at 1 amp and between 3.4-3.7v. The Luxeon K2(the LED in newer reflector Inova T4s) can only do about 120 lumen at the same current. Imagine what many of the newer generation LEDs(Cree, Seoul, Rebel) can do.

Welcome to CPF!

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you think the Inova T4 is amazing...

I've done a side by side comparison of the Pelican 7060 and LumaPower MRV and the LumaPower is unquestionably brighter but it was closer than I expected.

There are plenty of production LED lights brighter than a T4 - though adjustable focus is a very rare feature and really isn't necessary on a well designed LED light.

The output winner for a production flashlight as of today has to be the Tiablo A9 with 256L at the emitter.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/tiablo-a9.html

Actually, let me qualify that - you can get a Foxfury 9 cree etc for like $999.

The LumaPower MRV and Tiablo A8 also bear looking at - both produce ~210 lumens.

I personally own an Inova T4 - 2 of them actually - and still like them very much as high quality, rechargeable, 'around the house' lights.

Last edited:

knot

Banned
They say the SSC modified Coast Focusing Lenser puts out around 200 lumen and it's available here and now.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you think the Inova T4 is amazing...

I've done a side by side comparison of the Pelican 7060 and LumaPower MRV and the LumaPower is unquestionably brighter but it was closer than I expected.

There are plenty of production LED lights brighter than a T4 - though adjustable focus is a very rare feature and really isn't necessary on a well designed LED light.

The output winner for a production flashlight as of today has to be the Tiablo A9 with 256L at the emitter.
http://http://www.batteryjunction.com/tiablo-a9

Actually, let me qualify that - you can get a Foxfury 9 cree etc for like $999.

The LumaPower MRV and Tiablo A8 also bear looking at.

I personally own an Inova T4 - 2 of them actually - and still like them very much as high quality, rechargeable, 'around the house' lights.

gotta fix that link :twak::thumbsup: also a choice for the money http://www.batteryjunction.com/tiledfla8a8s.html

gtb75

Newly Enlightened
A9 pre-ordered - dark gray and both reflectors:naughty: Didn't even see this thread until after I placed the order... Stumbled across it at random on your website (was thinking about ordering the A8)! Might warrant a thread of it's own?

EDIT - Just saw your thread in the marketplace:)

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
A9 pre-ordered - dark gray and both reflectors:naughty: Didn't even see this thread until after I placed the order... Stumbled across it at random on your website (was thinking about ordering the A8)! Might warrant a thread of it's own?

Here's the link,

Tiablo A9

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been waiting for a "super light" for some time now... Long time lurker, but everything I've read both about Tiablo and you guys made this an easy choice:D

Thanks for your business and the nice words. :)

Miracle - 256 at the emitter per the Cree specs which is pretty much how uh every other light here is rated. :)

BTW - line 2 in my thread on Dealer's "TIABLO A9 LED flashlight with Cree Q5 WC bin Emitter 256 lumens at the emitter!"

FoxFury

Newly Enlightened
The FoxFury MF 1000 Tac-Fire (9) CREE light mentioned earlier has a light ouput of 1,130 lumens--the 3 OSRAM OSTAR version is 1,000 lumens.

jenna

Newly Enlightened
Interesting suggestions.. Is any of those torches you suggest made in china? :oops: