anyone do comparison between HDS and Novatac

Elmie

Enlightened
I'm just curious if anyone has any beam comparisons between the U60 and the 120's from Novatac. What would be even more interesting to see is how a modded HDS with a SSP4 stands against the Novatac's.

Anyone up for the task? :p

xiaowenzu

Banned
I'm placing my money on the Novatacs! From what I've read here, it appears the Novas are better than the regular HDS in terms of performace, construction, and beam pattern. :twothumbsI'd like to see how the U60gt compares with it.. I'm betting that the Nova will edge it out, though.

I can't wait!! :D

xiaowenzu

Banned
Beat you to it. Here's my original thread.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/171394

Seoul modded HDS are brighter:D

Cool thanks for that! :thumbsup: I guess it's all about the Luxeon lottery, even for Novatacs. Some are brighter whilst some are slightly less brighter than the Seoul modded HDS.

It's the luck of the draw, but one is guaranteed to get at least 120 Lumens out the front when one purchases the 120P or 120T. :party:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
cool...thanks for the link!

You just saved me $150 :p
Actualy my Ultrafire EMR1 is brighter than both cost $37. but for me brighter is not always best.I always wanted to own a HDS but the price stopped me everytime.now with the Novatacs i have, i need look no more.And it has saved me £££££'s.

Elmie

Enlightened
I have a U60 (one of the first runs). It is actually throws further and has a brighter hot spot than my modded U60GT. But with a ceiling bounce test the U60GT easily beats out the U60 in overall output.

I'm sure the novatac's are nice and all. But I can't justify spending money on a light that will have the same performance as my U60GT seoul modded light.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a U60 (one of the first runs). It is actually throws further and has a brighter hot spot than my modded U60GT. But with a ceiling bounce test the U60GT easily beats out the U60 in overall output.

I'm sure the novatac's are nice and all. But I can't justify spending money on a light that will have the same performance as my U60GT seoul modded light.
well get the EMR1 it out preforms the HDS in brightness .and there is no 250 click or ten click to access the menu.BTW Novatac has got the clicking down to click click press hold.i know where my money is.Novatac.thanks for your support.:p.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm placing my money on the Novatacs! From what I've read here, it appears the Novas are better than the regular HDS in terms of performace, construction, and beam pattern. :twothumbsI'd like to see how the U60gt compares with it.. I'm betting that the Nova will edge it out, though.

I can't wait!! :D

Are you kidding? Read Turbodogs post about his battery tube or the people who have suffered outright failures...HDS is far superior in construction IMO.

My U60 SSC slaughters NovaTac 120P for output and throw, it's beam and tint are also superb.

I like my new NovaTac, it is a nice light...but it is far from superior to my HDS SSC...it might edge the HDS on UI...that is it though.

Or put it another way...if I had to choose between another novatac or having another one of my HDS's modded, the HDS mod would be the option I would choose.

CFU

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you kidding? Read Turbodogs post about his battery tube or the people who have suffered outright failures...HDS is far superior in construction IMO.

My U60 SSC slaughters NovaTac 120P for output and throw, it's beam and tint are also superb.

I like my new NovaTac, it is a nice light...but it is far from superior to my HDS SSC...it might edge the HDS on UI...that is it though.

Or put it another way...if I had to choose between another novatac or having another one of my HDS's modded, the HDS mod would be the option I would choose.

CFU
Well like i said my $37 light will kill all HDS lights stone dead.BTW if you are throwing them away."i'll take it" also my EMR1 slaughters your HDS.:thinking: I dont think anyone is reading this.:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Last edited:

Hans

Enlightened
well get the EMR1 it out preforms the HDS in brightness .and there is no 250 click or ten click to access the menu.BTW Novatac has got the clicking down to click click press hold.i know where my money is.Novatac.thanks for your support.:p.

You might at least try to get the facts right. You don't need 250 clicks to get to the menue of the Ultimates.

Hans

Hans

Enlightened

Good luck then. There are already far more reports of lights with serious problems than there ever were on the HDS.

And as far as the quality of construction is concerned, well, the two Novatacs I've seen so far are indeed in a different class as the HDS. The HDS has *far* better construction.

Hans

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well like i said my $37 light will kill all HDS lights stone dead.BTW if you are throwing them away."i'll take it" also my EMR1 slaughters your HDS.:thinking: I dont think anyone is reading this.:crackup::crackup::crackup:

You nutter! :laughing:

And no, you can't have my HDS lights, they are staying with daddy! :twothumbs

CFU

aceo07

Enlightened
Based on runtime graphs, the HDS output is much flatter than the Novatac.

I'd love to see someone measure the lumen output of the Novatac for common levels to see if it's actually putting out what it's supposed to.

I have a HDS U60 modded with seoul led. I'd love to compare it to someone's Novatac 120. I have no clue as to how bright it is. I never took photos of the beam before the mod.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck then. There are already far more reports of lights with serious problems than there ever were on the HDS.

And as far as the quality of construction is concerned, well, the two Novatacs I've seen so far are indeed in a different class as the HDS. The HDS has *far* better construction.

Hans
LOL you are right.The novatacs are indeed Superior..because you do not own any of them.