looking for a brighter LED light???

sphynx_000

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a jetbeam cle v.2. The size and runtime are great but I want something brighter.

I figured the best way was to step up the voltage. I am currently eying a surefire g2l. One mode is all I need for this light and I like the Nitrolon body. Can they run 4.2 volt rechargeables? How do they compare to the drop-in's?

any suggestions for a led light with considerably better brightness and throw than a cle? (i want to be able to run rechargables too)

Vickers

Enlightened
I use rechargeable 14500s in my CL-E, but some people have smoked their Jetbeams in that way.

It'll really light up the yard with those in there.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Fenix L2D would be brighter and still use AA batteries, only it uses two of them instead of one. If you would consider using CR123 batteries, you can find many lights using just one CR123 battery that will have more lumens than the Jetbeam C-LE. The single CR123 lights are a little fatter [larger diameter] than the C-LE and about the same length. One reason the C-LE is my EDC is that it is short for a single AA light.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK here is the deal the light you have is what a 80 lumen flashlight? If not either you don't have the the 80 lumen version I mabe looking at the wromg flashlight.
Either way. If your current light is a 80 lumen light It is going to take a 150 lumen light to make a substiantial difference.
There are so many flashlights on the market and new ones comming on the market every day.
Have a look at the fenix P3 ce it is a 160 lumen light.
I prefer metal lights. when ou want to run a high power emitter or hotwire a metal (aluminum) body is best in order to move the heat.
So if you want more light then you need more ability to move the LOTS more heat the light will produce. The nitrolon body is not going to move heat.
You want to use rechargable cells? the fenix may take a rechargable lion I don't know but I am sure there are plenty of people will tell you.

a single level light seems to be more and more difficult to get these days/.
Maybe it is time for you to step up to a Custom light like a PD...
Good luck
Yaesumofo
I prefer P3D CE (CREE)

I recently bought a jetbeam cle v.2. The size and runtime are great but I want something brighter.

I figured the best way was to step up the voltage. I am currently eying a surefire g2l. One mode is all I need for this light and I like the Nitrolon body. Can they run 4.2 volt rechargeables? How do they compare to the drop-in's?

any suggestions for a led light with considerably better brightness and throw than a cle? (i want to be able to run rechargables too)

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix is the quality producer, for You the new L2T version might be ok
("just" high when head is screwed on, but a lower level if needed - head loosened a bit)

or look at dealextreme and get one of the lights stating "1 A to emitter" and maybe running on an 18650.
There are only mods better than that