Malkoff or BUG Premium Plus drop in

EvilPaul2112

Enlightened
I have many drop-ins including bugoutgear and Malkoff, and I much prefer the Malkoff P60. The P60 is the brightest drop-in Ive purchased with the nicest smooth spot beam. The beam is more concentrated and tighter than bugout and Wolf-Eyes, with the same spill light. Malkoff also has the heaviest of the drop-ins and he understands important thermal issues. The $10-$20 drop-ins lose output after they get hot and I even fried one of them after only 20 minutes. Malkoff's P60 doesnt lose output (Ive run mine over 30 minutes, installed in a 6P, several times without lose of light, damage, or excessive heat).

Another advantage of the Malkoff drop-in is Gene himself. He builds each one by hand and wont sell any product that doesnt meet his standards. Gene's customer service is second to none and his shipping is lightning fast.

Ive purchased (5) of the P60 drop-ins for myself and others and couldnt be happier.

jbviau

Enlightened
Amazingly (to me) the Malkoff drop-ins have been available all week on Gene's site, and at a discount no less. I've been very tempted to snag one. Would like a metal host first though...

SaVaGe

Enlightened
I have many drop-ins including bugoutgear and Malkoff, and I much prefer the Malkoff P60. The P60 is the brightest drop-in Ive purchased with the nicest smooth spot beam. The beam is more concentrated and tighter than bugout and Wolf-Eyes, with the same spill light. Malkoff also has the heaviest of the drop-ins and he understands important thermal issues. The $10-$20 drop-ins lose output after they get hot and I even fried one of them after only 20 minutes. Malkoff's P60 doesnt lose output (Ive run mine over 30 minutes, installed in a 6P, several times without lose of light, damage, or excessive heat).

Another advantage of the Malkoff drop-in is Gene himself. He builds each one by hand and wont sell any product that doesnt meet his standards. Gene's customer service is second to none and his shipping is lightning fast.

Ive purchased (5) of the P60 drop-ins for myself and others and couldnt be happier.

+100:twothumbs:twothumbs

eagleswhite44

Newly Enlightened
Amazingly (to me) the Malkoff drop-ins have been available all week on Gene's site, and at a discount no less. I've been very tempted to snag one. Would like a metal host first though...

I purchased one on Monday, received it on Wednesday. When I ordered mine they had 6 avail., would have purhased another but waiting for the Maglite drop in

jbviau

Enlightened
Oops, correction: Now the Malkoffs are sold out. I should have pulled the trigger when I had the chance!

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Gene,
Any idea when more will be available. I would like at least two and a couple of guys on my team are also wanting some.

victory

Enlightened
I have no experiance with the bug out gear drop in, but i did just but a drop in from gene. My review is on his sight. Short story, it brought my G2 out of the closet and back on my hip.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Well. I have BOTH the BOG Premium Plus and the Malkoff on the way.

I will let you guys know what I think of both of them, when compared side by side.

One will be my EDC and the other will sit on my nightstand for "late night encounters."

Also, one more question... if you put these drop-ins into 9 volt lights, like the Surefire 9p, will they be BRIGHTER?... or just give you more runtime?

thanks.

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
I have both the Malkoff and the BOG Premium Plus. The Malkoff is installed in my Surefire M2 and the BOG PP is installed in my Surefire Z2. I like the pure white output of the BOG, but the Malkoff has a warmer tint and thus better color rendition. They both have great output but the one drawback of the BOG is that it has no spring at the rear of the unit. This limits the lights that I can install it in. I would have to use a spacer in between the batteries so that the top button will reach the bottom of the dropin. I will not spend my hard earned money (again) on a drop-in that has such a glaring oversight. Go with the Malkoff. Between the Man and the Artwork that he makes, you can't go wrong. He reminds me of another Man that we all know, who had the dream to make the perfect EDC. His name is Peter Gransee and his work of art is the ARC line of lights. Spend your money on a Malkoff and you won't regret it. Just my 2 cents.

H.D.T. - Happy Dark Trails

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
I have both the Malkoff and the BOG Premium Plus. The Malkoff is installed in my Surefire M2 and the BOG PP is installed in my Surefire Z2. I like the pure white output of the BOG, but the Malkoff has a warmer tint and thus better color rendition. They both have great output but the one drawback of the BOG is that it has no spring at the rear of the unit. This limits the lights that I can install it in. I would have to use a spacer in between the batteries so that the top button will reach the bottom of the dropin. I will not spend my hard earned money (again) on a drop-in that has such a glaring oversight. Go with the Malkoff. Between the Man and the Artwork that he makes, you can't go wrong. He reminds me of another Man that we all know, who had the dream to make the perfect EDC. His name is Peter Gransee and his work of art is the ARC line of lights. Spend your money on a Malkoff and you won't regret it. Just my 2 cents.

H.D.T. - Happy Dark Trails

...or you could of just let us know what model flashlight you intended to use it in and we would have included a contact spring...The majority of flashlights our module is designed for do not need a spring, however some older models(being slightly shorter) will need a contact spring(which we gladly include if you check the correct box when ordering). It wasn't so much and oversight, but rather a solution to a common problem seen early on in drop-in modules known as "head gap". Other drop-in modules weren't allowing for the head to screw down all the way leaving a slight gap of 1-3mm. Let me know if you would like me to send you a contact spring.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Last edited:

BSBG

Enlightened
I did a search but couldn't f inda definite answer - will the Malkoff P60 be OK in a 9P?

Thanks.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened

Gene43

Enlightened
The 15 min time constraint is mainly for plastic lights. You can run the Malkoff for about as long as you want in a metal light.

Thanks, Gene