Changing modes on P2D

LauraQ

Newly Enlightened
I'm a new P2D owner and can't seem to get the low modes to work. It seems to only want to do Turbo. I have twisted the head, but apparently can't find the "sweet spot" for changing modes. Any advice?

Thanks!
LauraQ

(Yes, I am officially addicted to CPF! And I am aware there is no cure)

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you fully tighten the head - then you have the turbo mode, you can switch between turbo and strobe by tapping the button (not clicking). Or loosen the head and you get into low mode, tapping the button will switch to medium-high-SOS...

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be a malfunction. My P2D CE worked great for about a week, then the low mode stopped working. I turned the head, and the light turned off. Twist the head back, and it came back on strobing. I returned it and got a new one.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
What kind of battery are you using? Rechargeable or primary?
If I recall correctly, low modes don't work with rechargeables, at least mine didn't.
It doesn't take much to back off of turbo, so if you are using primaries, try a thorough cleaning of all contacts. If it still doesn't function, document your actions precisely and forward to fenix ([email protected]).

LauraQ

Newly Enlightened
Re: Changing modes on P2D - Fixed!

What kind of battery are you using? Rechargeable or primary?
If I recall correctly, low modes don't work with rechargeables, at least mine didn't.
It doesn't take much to back off of turbo, so if you are using primaries, try a thorough cleaning of all contacts. If it still doesn't function, document your actions precisely and forward to fenix ([email protected]).

Can I just say that you guys are brilliant? And I mean that in more than just a flashaholic way. I was using a rechargable and as soon as I switched to a Surefire primary, I was able to access the low mode. Cool! All is now well with the world (until my next flashaholic emergency).

-- LauraQ

shakeylegs

Enlightened
:thumbsup:
I think that if you run the rechargeable long enough the low modes actually kick in eventually, but I don't recall if it's recommended to run the P2D on lithiums. Maybe some other genius can recall. David (fenix-store) would certainly know.