Fenix LxD tailcap question

musicalfruit

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Newbie Fenix question. During the course of my experiments with a 14500, my L1D switch stopped working. Of course, I then proceed to take apart the tailcap but forgot what order the parts came out in. So this is what I think the order should be going into the metal tailcap:

1. Rubber boot
2. Metal washer
3. Switch assembly
4. Small rubber washer
5. Large metal washer that screws into the tailcap

Sound about right?

Thanks.

thezman

Enlightened
Hi,

Newbie Fenix question. During the course of my experiments with a 14500, my L1D switch stopped working. Of course, I then proceed to take apart the tailcap but forgot what order the parts came out in. So this is what I think the order should be going into the metal tailcap:

1. Rubber boot
2. Metal washer
3. Switch assembly
4. Small rubber washer
5. Large metal washer that screws into the tailcap

Sound about right?

Thanks.

Yes.

#4 Is an o ring. It fit into the inner part of
#5 the switch retaining ring.

musicalfruit

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Can't figure out why the switch assembly came loose. But after reassembly, everything is working again.

My L1D does have problems with AW protected 14500s though. I can't seem to tighten the head enough to engage turbo mode. Are there any tricks that I can try to get turbo mode? Would switching to unprotected 14500s help?

Thanks.

Gman

Enlightened
Fwiw my P2D has three times failed to turn on when I needed it. In all three cases the switch assembly was found to have unscrewed. I'm assuming this happens from changing batteries often. In each case I tightened it down very tight but it doesn't seem to help. It's gonna be loc-tite next time.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fwiw my P2D has three times failed to turn on when I needed it. In all three cases the switch assembly was found to have unscrewed. I'm assuming this happens from changing batteries often. In each case I tightened it down very tight but it doesn't seem to help. It's gonna be loc-tite next time.

Don't torque the tailcap down as hard, worked for me.

WDG

Enlightened

I had the same problem with my L1D.

I imagine you could put some Locktite or somesuch in the retaining ring threads, but I'd be careful not to get it in the rest of the treads.

Someone on this forum suggested just changing the battery from the front instead of the tailcap. That's the simplest solution I can think of, and it works for me.