Surefire AR coating

afterglow

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to know: is the lens antireflection coating, Surefire is using, on the inside ONLY of the lens or on both side (outside and inside the bezel)? Also, is there a product (a compound maybe) that could take off a scratch on the lens?

Last edited:

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
From my observations the SF AR coating is applied on both sides of the window (it is not a lens). A lens focuses the light source, a window (what is on the front of your surefire) only protects the reflector and light source from contaminants.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A trip to flashlightlens.com will yeild many answers. not the least of which is that it will only cost you a few bucks to replace most any frontglass in use today with a high quality drop in replacment. scratched glass is all but impossible to repair. but is normally quite easy to replace...with a replacment glass which is as goof if not superior to the oem front glass.
Yaesumofo

I wanted to know: is the lens antireflection coating, Surefire is using, on the inside ONLY of the lens or on both side (outside and inside the bezel)? Also, is there a product (a compound maybe) that could take off a scratch on the lens?