Who is cooking today and what you making?

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am making my wifes favorite meal today a standing rib roast and twice baked potato with green beans for an anniversary dinner (met 29 years ago today). I have to admit it is starting to smell good in the house.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Making some hungarian sausage and sauerkraut here in the slow cooker! It smells good in our house also.

ddgarcia05

Newly Enlightened
I made a hot pocket, popped open a can of pringles, and washed it down with a bottle of water.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Smoked a couple "Flat Iron roasts" yesterday...sliced the 1st one in about 1/4" slices & plated them with Western beans & coleslaw!

Today...steaking out the other roast & finishing them on the grill, served with same beans & slaw! EXCELLENT!!

SheDevil

Newly Enlightened
Scrambled ostrich egg !!!!!

dindin004.jpg

yukegg010.jpg

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grouper en papillote.

Make a C shaped envelope from parchment paper. With the envelope open, wipe a light coating of olive oil on to it. Place the grouper on one side of the envelope. Stack some asparagus next to it. Drizzle a little lemon juice on both. A splash of Chardonnay on both. Some slices of New Zealand "Jazz" apples go on the asparagus.

A few tiny tomatoes are placed strategically. Toss some chopped leeks on to the fish. Place lots of red pepper strips on the fish. Two lemon slices go on top.

Seal the envelope by making small folds aroung the edges. Bake at 425 for 12-14 minutes.

When your guests open the envelope the aroma will surely inspire a vocal chorus of "Oh my!". Serve with rice, some lightly re-baked asiago pinenut polenta bread and a crisp chardonnay that crackles with laughter as it is poured.

I've used many other combinations than the above ingredients. The oddest so far was to paint the fish with orange marmalade and place walnut slices and clementine slices on it. The baked clementines make for a nice surprise when they burst on to the palate as a sweet citrus delight. Sounds strange but oh so very tasty. Experiment. Have fun with it.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Well, I was out all afternoon Saturday, but Sunday...

Roast Loin of Pork (traditiona garlic/thyme/rosmary/salt/peper spicing), fresh Green beans (from the Farm stand - picked Friday) and Leek and Potato soup - home made - same farm stand had NICE leeks - 2 BIG ones for $2

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened
song lyric:

"Only two things that make life worth livin', that's true love and home-grown tomatoes".

Makin' BLTs (again) Nothing else like 'em really. Life is sweet. :thumbsup:

Ken