X300?

flash_bang

Enlightened
Anyone know why the X300 pistol light isn't getting much attention? it looks like it has pretty good runtime and stuff, and it's fairly cheap for a pistol light (225). I found it at LAPG, but I'm not sure why no one's biting on it, and stuff.
Thanks,
Flash

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably because there is not that much discussion about dedicated weaponlights. Maybe they should have thier own subforum.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyknow know if there will be more than one version of the X300 like the X200? It would be nice to have the option for the wider vs narrower beam like on the X200. Also, I thought the X300 was going to be something like 160 lumens, not 110?

Anyone have any info?

Thanks,

-john

lightemup

Flashaholic*
John, I think (hope) Surefire learnt their lesson about sidespill with the x200a. Hopefully they will/have found a solution that does both. Personally I don't want to sacrifice either because I can't afford both. I hope/ presume they have also upgraded the mounts from the initial x200a as well.

To answer my own question, I've done a bit more digging and it seems the laser version will be the x400. Could be very wrong though ;)

About the output, didn't know about the 160 lumens, but like you I would much prefer something closer to 200 lumens :) From recent trends though I think runtime is a strong consideration design wise. Hopefully someone will have one soon and do a review!

Last edited:

SunStar

Enlightened
I'm not sure I get this light... Does it have a pyrex window, multiple attachment options, etc. in comparison with the X200.

The only thing I see here is additional run time but not extraordinarily more.

For a guy that already has the X200, I need more persuasion to purchase the X300. BTW... love the X200B... for cqb light.

Did I miss something?

tussery

Enlightened
Well the main difference is the beam pattern is supposed to fall in between the X200A and X200B so a good spot with good side spill rather than one or the other. It also uses a Cree LED which many people have wanted in a weapon light. If you are happy with your X200 there is no need to go buy a X300

SunStar

Enlightened
I guess it may have potential mounted on a cqb carbine. I'll need to see some beam shot comparisons before I decide or maybe wait on the X400 to see what beam pattern it produces.

I find the X200B to be very effective indoors - especially when mounted on a handgun. I liked carrying the X200A for hand use more than I liked it on a gun rail. I could never get it to spot at point of aim and found it distracting.

The X-- series weapon lights are a very nice package. I'll be watching for feedback on the upcoming generation(s).

tussery

Enlightened
Well you could look at beamshots of the new E1L, E2L, and L1 as it is probably very similar to those in beam pattern. Just brighter.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Okay people, I want reviews, goss, innuendo, anything on the x300, has anyone got one yet? :whistle: :thanks: :)

I'm ready to get one, I just need to finance it, looks like my WTT's are going to be for sale ;)

I'd sell my x200 to buy it but I don't have the heart to let ol reliable go :)

INFI

Newly Enlightened
I would like one for my Glock 20 10mm. I would prefer it to be more like the X200B in terms of beam pattern since it will be used in CQB. In my condo. If it is anything like the CREE L1 it should be fine for CQB, since I am actually using my CREE L1 for home defence along with one of my Glocks. I prefer the 10mm since it has more power than a .357 mag or .45 ACP when loaded with double tap ammo and has 16 rounds on tap to boot.:thumbsup:

Wick

Newly Enlightened
I had e-mailed Surefire a few weeks back regarding the x300 release. They had said it was shipping to dealers on 9/14. Obviously that didn't happen. I then heard from a dealer here on CPF hat the release had been delayed until the end of this month (September). I'm anxiously awaiting its release.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Not to mention a Bayonet Lug :touche: :naughty: :grin2: :crackup:

Seriously, I'd be happy with a scalloped lense as the crenelated bezel would possibly make the lens gunk up quicker from carbon. I always have beamfilters on mine anyway so when not using the light it doesn't get carbon on it... If it does come with a crenellated bezel (doubt it, but who knows :) ) I won't be devastated either though ;)

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Not to mention a Bayonet Lug :touche: :naughty: :grin2: :crackup:

Don't make me bring da ruckus:

handgunknife.jpg