You KNOW You're A Flashoholic When...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You KNOW You\'re A Flashoholic When...

Here, let me start it off:

You Know You're A Flashoholic When...

1) your web browser is set to start at CPF

2) any money you come into is thought of in terms of how many more flashlights you can buy

3) you build a new flashlight closet -- and the first one isn't full yet

4) you try to convince your wife that you really don't need those old living room sofas any more since the palletts of batteries are just as comfortable to sit on

5) you don't reach for wall light switches any more

6) you buy another of a flashlight you already have - for back up

7) you pray for rolling blackouts

8) you catch a burglar in your house but decide to let him go because he has a better flashlight than yours

9) your dog hides when you bring out the walking leash for the fifth time that night

10) you have to think about buying another flashlight -- or food

Haw!

Next...

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: You KNOW You\'re A Flashoholic When...

11)when you anxiously await sunset.
12)you take a shower with nothing but a flashlight on. (I did tonight - cool EV arc)
13)You purposly turn off house lights to use your flashlight instead.

That's how bad i've been getting lately.
shocked.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
Here, let me start it off:

You Know You're A Flashoholic When...

1) your web browser is set to start at CPF
3) you build a new flashlight closet -- and the first one isn't full yet
5) you don't reach for wall light switches any more
6) you buy another of a flashlight you already have - for back up
7) you pray for rolling blackouts
10) you have to think about buying another flashlight -- or food
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes to the above. Didn't "get" #8 though.

11: You buy a flashlight just because it's a FLASHLIGHT.
12: You EDC a Trek 6000 EX60 or larger.
13: You use terms like "EDC".
14: You use a flashlight as a headlamp for night driving/riding.
15: There are so many flahslights in your house you don't have anywhere to put them all, and you're always stepping on or tripping over them.
16: You have flashlights stashed in all kinds of bizarre places, like on the windowsill, inside the computer, under the bed, under the TV, under the couch cussions, on the toiliet tank, and behind the kitchen faucet.
17: You have to buy a panoramic camera to take a picture of your lighhts and have any hope of getting them all on one frame.
18: You assembled a web page with at least one picture of a flashlight on it.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
Yes to the above. Didn't "get" #8 though.

11: You buy a flashlight just because it's a FLASHLIGHT.
12: You EDC a Trek 6000 EX60 or larger.
13: You use terms like "EDC".
14: You use a flashlight as a headlamp for night driving/riding.
15: There are so many flahslights in your house you don't have anywhere to put them all, and you're always stepping on or tripping over them.
16: You have flashlights stashed in all kinds of bizarre places, like on the windowsill, inside the computer, under the bed, under the TV, under the couch cussions, on the toiliet tank, and behind the kitchen faucet.
17: You have to buy a panoramic camera to take a picture of your lighhts and have any hope of getting them all on one frame.
18: You assembled a web page with at least one picture of a flashlight on it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES! #12, 13, and 17, great! Didn't get my #8? I would normally hockey-tackle any scumbag found burglarizing my home, but if he was using like a Lambda Illuminator or something -- well, then he must be a alright guy, mebbe just down on his luck or something...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
11)when you anxiously await sunset.
12)you take a shower with nothing but a flashlight on. (I did tonight - cool EV arc)
13)You purposly turn off house lights to use your flashlight instead.

That's how bad i've been getting lately.
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now #12 is sick -- I'll have to try it tonight!

snake

Enlightened

NO #8,
the one you catch is not a burglar.. he is another guy in this forum...he just try to test his light...
grin.gif

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

You know you are a flashaholic when:

You keep checking this board every 30 minutes to see if more Arc LS "seconds" are available.

You check your package tracking number every 15 minutes to see if your flashlights are any closer.

You have situation specific lights (i.e. one for "X", another for "Y", and another when I'm going to "Z").

You try and time your online flashlight purchases so you don't have to wait through a Sunday to get your light.

Your electricity bill dips further everytime you get a new light.

You are tired and ill, but you still stay up to play with flashlights.

And finally,

You can use words like "nipple" and "screw-off" in the same sentence and not offend anyone.

Aloha

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

You know you're a flashaholic when..

You use terms like LOTC, LOLA, HOLA, LS, lumens on a regular basis.

You find yourself checking the prices of 123A cells whenever/whereever you go shopping.

You find yourself looking for new/different flashlights whenever you are in a store.

...and when you find one, wondering how it would go with an LS mod.

the second thing you do after buying a new light (after blinding yourself by looking directly into its beam the first time you test it) is pull it apart and see what kind of lamp/reflector/switch/circuit it uses.

You spend time turning on multiple flashlights, shining them at walls/various objects to compare the beams.

See above, but taking photos of the beams..

grin.gif

Graham

beam_me_up

Enlightened

You know you're a flashaholic when...

You make a "you know you're a flashaholic" list

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zerox:
You know you're a flashaholic when...

You make a "you know you're a flashaholic" list
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, and also when we RESPOND to that list at (whatever time it is where we are) this late hour!

yclo

Flashaholic*

You know you're a flashaholic when you click on a forum topic that says "You know you're a flashaholic when..."

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast

you know your a flashoholic when you read the whole page and agree with ALL of them! (even #8)
grin.gif

Mr. Blue

Enlightened

when you buy or mod lights for your wife and kid b/c they "need" them too

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

You know you are a flashaholic when you have at least 4 lights on your person almost all the time (I do
grin.gif
)

Alex

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

let´s get this thread burning!
tongue.gif
You know you are a flashaholic when you don´t need to move more than 5 feet to reach for a light no matter where you are, home, office, car etc.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
8) you catch a burglar in your house but decide to let him go because he has a better flashlight than yours
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's when my flashoholic interest turns to my gun collection
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
. . .

SFR

Newly Enlightened

... you try to recognize what kind of flashlight someone is using on a television show (CSI, 24, Alias, Cops, etc.)

Lonewolf

Enlightened

Mr Bulk: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> YES! #12, 13, and 17, great! Didn't get my #8? I would normally hockey-tackle any scumbag found burglarizing my home, but if he was using like a Lambda Illuminator or something -- well, then he must be a alright guy, mebbe just down on his luck or something... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is robbing your house to feed his flashlight habit.

You might be a flashaholic when your family starts saying things like: "Are you a flashlight salesman?"

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

You know you`re a Flashaholic when you watch a TV show or movie and spot a familiar looking torch, then spend the rest of the show babysitting a video capture system incase they show it again, so you can then post it on your favorite flashlight discussion board.

You know you`re a Flashaholic when you have a favorite Flashlight discussion board!

You know you`re a Flashaholic when you know what a CR123A is, and are not a photography fanatic.

You know you`re a Flashaholic when....Ooh! Is that a Maxabeam on TV, inside some kind of deep-dive housing? Gottago...

grin.gif