Tritium vial source

Mr Jones

Newly Enlightened
Can anybody point me to a supplier of Tritium vials ?

I'm sure I came across a member here who was selling (via a thread with lots of photo's) - can't seem to find it now that I want to buy some.

Perhaps I imagined the whole thing !

yarborg

Newly Enlightened
Looks like most of these are sold out now. Looking for some others. Any help is appreciated.

yarborg

Newly Enlightened
I would like to try and modify my SKS rear sight to hold these. Any advice from anyone out there?

ZFlash

Newly Enlightened
I will be getting a fresh batch mid February. :sssh:

Yessss!!!! So glad to hear about to hear this. I've explored your last thread with the torches and map readers far to late :(
I'm thinking about to get one of this trit-torches do you have any experiences in difference of output between the 20 and 30mm ones?

After owning an old Stocker&Yale watch (seems to be a little bit aged but still very readable in darkness) I'd be glad to order some vials or spheres also...:thumbsup: (modding some stuff)

Some other were offering here also some vials here in cpf - are there any difference in the pressure of the H3 filling?

B@rt

Flashaholic
The main difference is the illuminated area, wich is a lot bigger with the 30mm one. the intensity is about the same. ;) Of course if you replace the lens to get a smaller area the intensity will go up.

That said, I like my 20mm best since it is a lot smaller.

ZFlash

Newly Enlightened
The main difference is the illuminated area, wich is a lot bigger with the 30mm one. the intensity is about the same. ;) Of course if you replace the lens to get a smaller area the intensity will go up.

That said, I like my 20mm best since it is a lot smaller.

Do you know the dimensions both of the torches?
Is there enough output to orientate in a dark room or are they only useful for closed distances? (i've got so many questions and can't await mid-february...:D:eek:;))
As said, I'd be also glad to order in the EU (my H3-watch got much more expensive when importing from the U.S.A.) :candle:

greetz,
Martin

B@rt

Flashaholic
The 20 mm torch is 25x50mm and weighs 29 grams, the 30mm is 35x60mm and weighs 65 grams.
And yes, with dark adapted eyes it's possibe to navigate a room. :)

ZFlash

Newly Enlightened
My best wishes 4 all for the new year!!!!
Thanks B@rt, that you were answering my questions so fast!:goodjob:

Just went around at the mb-microtec page and there seems to exist different versions of the torches....:confused:

In one picture it looks like that the knob for regulating brightness has rounded edges, different to other pictures.

There were also diagrams showing the different brightness of the various colors compared to the same pressure of filling of the vials.

...but there was no hint that they are selling different pressurized "trigalights".

Also have seen the torches available in U.K. - but I have concerns about that these were laying in stock for a qouple of decades:sweat:

B@rt

Flashaholic
I think the one with the rounded edges is the new model, mine have rounded edges. ;)
They are made to order, so you can be sure they have the maximum lifespan left.
The different pressure option for the vials isn't mentioned on their site, but can be ordered, and I always opt for the maximum possible filling. :)

ZFlash

Newly Enlightened
:twothumbs this sounds sooooooo good!!!! :twothumbs

ehemm, what month do we have?!???:whistle:

...please opt me in for your next order!:wave: