Hi, I'm new

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I\'m new

Yes, I am shiny and have that carcinogenic plastic smell.

Here's my list of toys thus far:
CMG: 3 infinities in red, white and amber (you thought I'd say blue, didn't ya.
Streamlight: 2 styluses (black and chrome)
Mitylight
a few m@gs AAA, AA and 2-Cs
1 Photon III -white
2 asp saphires (both hook sections broken)
Brinkman Led
a few laser pointers

What's in the mail:
a few Ultra G's and a new Surefire E2E with KL1.

muhahaha.....
My wife thinks I'm crazy...and I agreed. She does enjoy the disco lightshow I put on special occasions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Re: Hi, I\'m new

Hey, Welcome to the new and improved CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You definately need an Arc AAA, it is the standard for AAA lights, and it puts a miniM*G to shame... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laserpointers? Please elaborate... The lasererpointer to have right now is a "greenie" , preferably with more than 5 mW output... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Of course any info is welcomed... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Please have fun browsing the board! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Istead of calling it crazy, how about sensible? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Banshee

Enlightened

Be forewarned...I've been here since October 2002 and I've concervatively spent a few hundred on new lights since then....

but I'm the ONLY one in th4e family who's ready ANYTIME or ANYPLACE if the power is lost...

Plus I can hold my own flashlight rave with all the colored LED lights I've scrounged up !!

lionken07

Newly Enlightened

welcome aboard! I'm just starting myself...

I only have:

Z3
2 Ultra
arc AAA

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast

Welcome to the new members. You guys are in for a fun ride. Just try not to spend the whole food budget on flashlights and you should have a great time here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hehe, welcome to the forums, try and see what you need and get only those. That way I hope you won't spend too much for your wallet to support. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

So far my purchases have been been secret.

Now that my wife found out how much my SF E2E and KL1 combo cost, when I buy my next one, I can always say "it's not like I'm buying another Surefire...he heehe he ha" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif
Although we all know it will probably be nearly as much.

When the power goes out, that's when I really shine...or at least refect..ya know, from the light....from my techno gizmo that converts chemical energy to photons....that make things bright... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

In all seriousness, my wife's being deployed out of Ft. Hood and I'm sending her away with an Ultra G, Infinity Amber, a mag, one stylus, a small, unnamed led reading clip light and a big ole' box a double A's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
She'll be the envy of the platoon. Everyone will want to be her friend so that they can use her light to find the bathroom in the dark.

B@rt

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
In all seriousness, my wife's being deployed out of Ft. Hood and I'm sending her away with an Ultra G, Infinity Amber, a mag, one stylus, a small, unnamed led reading clip light and a big ole' box a double A's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You will definitely need to convert that M*g /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gifto something usefull /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, with a sammich from Dat2zip Sandwich Shop , or a module of one of the other modders... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

You are correct as usual, B@rt. My Son-in-Law is now in the Sandbox and passed word to me to obtain him two Mini-Mags and some AA batteries.
I'm sorry but I just can't do that. No flashaholic would ever give an unmodded Mini to anyone that they like.
I ordered a BadBoy this morning and I will put in an Opalec in the second one.

B@rt

Flashaholic

Duh, you make me sound like a guru... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
I'm just pointing out (well known) issues...]

I hope things don't get "ugly" at that sandbox...

He'll be thrilled with your improvements... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Speaking of Guru's (That you are), I can't find a good link to the instructions that you posted on how to post picture to imagestation. Can you help o'guru?

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Welcome to the support group that we call CPF, flownosaj. My name is... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Seriuosly though, watch your wallet, you've found an easy place to spend a lot of money (at least it's on useful things though).

You should really consider oufitting your wife with a modded AA minimag using either the MadMax or the BadBoy 500 before she leaves(check out this thread for details MadMax and BadBoy). The Luxeon LEDs used in these provide much more light than the original mag bulb, and it is much more useful because it is white light instead of pale yellow, plus battery life isn't compromised, in fact, it is even better. Check out the Kroll Clickie switch for the rear end of the light, real nice addition. Don't forget to get a glass replacement lens or two while you're at it. This is all available at the Dat2zip Sandwich Shop.

This is one of the best and easiest mods anyone can do. They rock! Tell your wife it's for her own safety! Enjoy!

Latest posts