DX screwup?

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
Hi all,
First of all MY 100 POST W00T YEAH :poof::poof::party::wave::party::clap::bumpit::xyxgun::buddies::buddies::buddies::grin2:.
Second of all. Ok, so I ordered some items on DX and they completely screwed it all up. Instead of giving me a http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.903 they gave me a ultrafire 501b here http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1315. In your opinion, which one is better, should I just keep this or ask for my other one. Also the stupid r/c helicopter they sent me was doa. Anyways which ones better :p Thanks,
Stephen

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well actually is the same thing...Ultrafire aslo brands its flashlights as superfire too. Comsmetically they are the different though.

Did you notice taht one is a Xenon and the other a LED Cree flashlight?

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
new batteries? It did not come with batteries. I am using my own. I believe it is a problem with either the IR transmitter or the li-poly battery actually in the helicopter, it charges from the controler.

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
well actually is the same thing...Ultrafire aslo brands its flashlights as superfire too. Comsmetically they are the different though.

Did you notice taht one is a Xenon and the other a LED Cree flashlight?

Yes I did notice that, which one do you think is better? I know the Xenon is probably brighter, which is why I would want it. But the cree is very nice, probably 120 lumens?

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that, Stephen. They just finished up a 15 item order for me. Completely unrelated items (not all were flashlights, some items different quantity as well). Took 'em 2-weeks to get it here, but it was it right on.

Try contacting DX...maybe they'll just send you the light you paid for as well :party:

LightJaguar

Enlightened
I have the LED version and I'm very satisfied with it. I use that flashlight everyday and it performs pretty good. One problem is that the wires to the LED tend to melt. I fixed mine by cutting some heat resistant electrical tape and covering up the wires. It's an easy fix.

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
I have the LED version and I'm very satisfied with it. I use that flashlight everyday and it performs pretty good. One problem is that the wires to the LED tend to melt. I fixed mine by cutting some heat resistant electrical tape and covering up the wires. It's an easy fix.

Thanks for the tip man, I think I'll be keeping it. It's pretty dam bright for the 10 bucks I paid for it hahahahaha. At night, I can shine it from my window and light up my neighbors bedroom. Good light, definately a keeper.

cy

Flashaholic
seems DX folks sure do get a LOT of orders wrong. including several for me. in their favor is DX always makes it right.

true ....order should have been correct to begin with, but anytime someone makes the type of effort to correct. I'll always give them another chance. especially if prices/quality is there.

for me both have been good.

recently I had to purchase a laptop locking cable. prices was $26 for a generic staples brand, $30 for a name brand... or $6.50 shipped from DX. that's just too much price difference not to take advantage of.

should get here next week. I'll post if quality is the same.

Last edited:

LightJaguar

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip man, I think I'll be keeping it. It's pretty dam bright for the 10 bucks I paid for it hahahahaha. At night, I can shine it from my window and light up my neighbors bedroom. Good light, definately a keeper.

Yea no problem, you actually got a pretty good deal because that flashlight sells for about $5 more then the xenon one. Now you can buy this bulb http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3218 and swap it out if you need a xenon flashlight.