The Novatac Low Rider clip

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I can see the stock Novatac clip being a good design for the military it was just a little to high profile for my tastes. So I put the clip in a big vise between some wood and went to work reshaping it a bit. I lowered the bend coming off the ring as well as flattening out the 'C' shape where the clip makes contact with the body of the light. It was a bit more work to get it just right than I expected as this stainless steel is quite strong but I'm happy with the results. I used wood and cloth in the jaws on the vise so as to not mark the finish on the clip. It was still way easier than working with the Titanium clips I made about 2 years ago for the HDS. Here's a pic:

novatac1tb0.jpg

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little bump for this thread as I think it mighta' got missed (well actually it's nothing earthshaking but now that the initial hysteria over the Novatac release has subsided a bit some people might still be wondering what options they have for making the clip a little less obtrusive). I should have taken before and after pics since the size of the picture above probably makes it look higher profile than it really is. I've measured it against my HDS clip (original one) and it's actually a tiny bit lower at the highest point than the high point on the HDS clip.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
A little bump for this thread as I think it mighta' got missed (well actually it's nothing earthshaking but now that the initial hysteria over the Novatac release has subsided a bit some people might still be wondering what options they have for making the clip a little less obtrusive). I should have taken before and after pics since the size of the picture above probably makes it look higher profile than it really is. I've measured it against my HDS clip (original one) and it's actually a tiny bit lower at the highest point than the high point on the HDS clip.

I did miss this thread and I really like your little mod. This may sound silly, but I haven't ordered a NovaTac yet primarily because of the pocketclip design. What you've done gives me some ideas and I might speed up my ordering of the NovaTac now. Pocket clips are very important to me when it comes to an EDC light. Poor designs turn me away.