• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MilkyModded Mr Bulk VIP **SOLD**

Groundhog66

Banned
This light in PRISTINE, has never left the tree. SOLD

b3e700de.jpg

571b30ec.jpg

Tim

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MilkyModded Mr Bulk VIP

Damn nice light. I have several (4) VIP's and IMHO this is the best light MrBulk ever made. There were so many accessories available for this on an aftermarket basis. I will go out on a limb here and say that NO other Custom grade flashlight has been so well supported with aftermarket accessories. There is even a 3 inch reflector available which is most likley AMAZING when put together with this mod.
Great mod on a great light!! Considder this a bump to the top!!
Yaesumofo

Gary123

Enlightened

Tim

I have considered purchasisng this light several times, but really don't know much about it. Can you tell me a little about the UI? And do you know where there may be a picture that gives a sense of the size of this light? Is it much larger than the LionCub?

Thanks

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Depending on which tail cap it has (Kings crown Kroll, flat twisty, etc), activation is either by reverse clicky or twisty. The head has a 3-way switch for low, high, and "boost" output. I'm not sure that those are the correct names, but they describe the levels pretty well. Boost is brighter than high, but there's a much bigger difference between low and high than between high and boost.

It's roughly the same diameter as the Cub (with the stock head, which this is with the 17mm reflector), but longer - how much longer depends on which tailcap it has.

There's a picture here. Plus more info here and here.

It can be safely driven with a CR123A or 2xAA Alkaline or NiMh (with the correct battery tube). Some folks have used R123's, but the last I heard, whether that's safe or not is depedent on the individual light. Sometimes it's safe, sometimes it's not. I've stuck to primary 123's and AA NiMh in mine, just to be safe. More info on R123 cells can be found here (note the builder's warning in reply #9 of that thread).

Like yaesumofo said, if whoever gets this light is lucky enough to locate a 3" Big Bulk Head for it (no small task, btw), this should be a very serious thrower. Even with a LuxIII, mine is.

I've thought about upgrading mine to a SSC, but the truth is that I probably wouldn't carry this piece of history as I have other lights for EDC, so I'm keeping mine stock. Having said that, I'd love to see some beamshots.

Last edited:

Groundhog66

Banned

Thanks Codeman, very nice of you to chime in. I certainly can supply beamshots tonight if necessary. The tail is the kings crown w/clickie I believe.

Tim

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry, Tim. When I mentioned beamshots, I was thinking of your MM VIP along with the BBH, if the buyer ends up finding a BBH for it.

Did milkyspit simply swap emitters, or did he change the electronics also?

Groundhog66

Banned

Sorry, Tim. When I mentioned beamshots, I was thinking of your MM VIP along with the BBH, if the buyer ends up finding a BBH for it.

Did milkyspit simply swap emitters, or did he change the electronics also?

I need to ask him to be sure, but I think it is the stock board.

delite

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it!
Please PM on where to paypal and I'll get it right to you.

Thanks.

Latest posts