My Q5 seeking missile:

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
What's the deal with the Q5? And where can I get information on it... is it only a modification LED and where do you buy it?

(Sorry to impose on the original thread)

Ryan

Secur1

Enlightened
If i am not mistaken the Q5 is the latest edition to the Cree Xlamp series.
So just do a CPF search for Cree Q5.
Typically, the latest and greatest leds first get adapted by eager CPF'rs to already existing light bodies/engines and some time later they find their ways to mainstream manufactures for mass produced lights.

leprechaun414

Enlightened
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Can a Fenix be modded with the Q5 and how complicated is it? Are there "do it yourself" CPF guides to this, or any electrician-like books that I can learn voltage and all the informations necessary.

P.S. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread...

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can a Fenix be modded with the Q5 and how complicated is it? Are there "do it yourself" CPF guides to this, or any electrician-like books that I can learn voltage and all the informations necessary.

P.S. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread...
FYI you can go to Fenix store.pick a light ie a P3D. pick a led ie Q2 OR Q5 .and bingo! you have a P3D Q2 OR Q5 the choice is yours.hope this is of some help.

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the deal with the Q5? And where can I get information on it... is it only a modification LED and where do you buy it?

(Sorry to impose on the original thread)

Ryan
The Q5 is currently the highest BIN rating for a white Cree LED meaning it puts out more Lumens at 350ma than any other white LED they have. Put about 1Amp to it and you'll have well over 200 Lumens IIRC. I expect the LED wars have ramped up so fast that the manufacturers are possibly slowing down a bit in offering the latest and hottest as there is probably starting to be a glut of lower rated BIN's that may never sell if they keep slapping in the latest and brightest LED's. Things have happened very fast since last October when the first Cree high power LED came out.