Replacing G2 Lens with UCL...how to?

BoomerSooner

Newly Enlightened
Replacing G2 lens.

I'm wanting to replace my G2 lens's with a UCL lens's. Is there a best way to to do this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

BoomerSooner

Newly Enlightened
OK, got a question or two:

I received a couple of G2's from a fellow CPF'er and I was going to replace the lens's with the UCL's I bought for them.

However, the ones I received don't appear to have the same lens bezel, if you will, than what is shown in the following picture. There are no notches on the inside of the bezel or anything to unscrew. I don't see anything on the inside of the head either. Were there models, maybe older or brand new, that were made this way? The lens is also much closer to the end of the head, not recessed as much. Is there a way to remove the lens that I am not seeing? :shrug:

g2_tn_large.jpg

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a BRAND NEW G2L, and it still has the same bezel ring as the G2's that I have. Maybe someone modded the ones you got. Can you post a pic of your bezel and window?:)

BoomerSooner

Newly Enlightened
I can't right now. My daughter dropped our digital camera last weekend and went...:poof:

She said ....... :oops:

I'm trying but I'm down to my cell phone cam and no USB cable and, I'm hassling with Sprints Picture Mail. :thumbsdow

It's the Nitrolon head it's just got a different design around the lens. :thinking:

BoomerSooner

Newly Enlightened
These must be them. Are they removable? Well, anything is removable but having a decent light afterwards is another thing.

Best PIC I can do right now.

SSPX0110.jpg

SSPX0111.jpg