$100.00 to Spend....What One Do I Get????

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit: My search for a new light is over. Please see This Thread to see why. Thank you everyone for all the help you gave me.

I think I have a tough decision ahead of me, and I need some help. I have $100.00 to spend on a light, and I have found several nice lights within that price range. I already have a Fenix P3D CE, but have added the new P3D to the list as a consideration. This light will be used around the house, and for walking at night. Oh yeah, I almost forgot....I like power. Well, here's the list. What one would you choose, and why? Any help from owners of these lights would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Fenix Digital P3D RB100 Black Premium 100
.............. ..$69.50

Dereelight CL1H SSC 2 Level 2xCR123 or 1x18650 ..... ...$69.99

AmiLite Neo T5 - SSC ..................................................$80.00

HuntLight FT-01x Special Edition CREE X-Lamp .............$74.99

LumaPower LumaHunter M1 Tactical CREE LED ............ $89.95

Wolf Eyes Defender D2AX (Cree P4 HO) .......................$84.99

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What One Do I Get????

I've been away a while, but from what I've read about the dereelight, it's an outstanding light, even if you don't consider the price.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

If a SF L1 (new Cree version) would be of interest to you, I can throw in the missing $30 or so if you can take PayPal. Just PM me in case you're interested.
bernie

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bernie,

That is a very generous offer, and I thank you for making it. But, as much as I would love to have a SF L1, I could never take money from you just so I could get a more expensive light. Thank you so much for the kind offer. Vielen Dank!
notworthy1.gif
beer1.gif

If a SF L1 (new Cree version) would be of interest to you, I can throw in the missing $30 or so if you can take PayPal. Just PM me in case you're interested.
bernie

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic

You could do so without any obligation or mixed feelings at all. The only question is if you would want the light or not. Which is, in fact, the most important question. :D

I don't do it to convert you to SF, it is about more options for a flashaholic. Should you want another light I'll paypal you just the same $30.

Anyway ... you know where I am should you change your mind ... :)

bernie

luminata

Enlightened

Keissling You are truly a very generous individual. I took an offer you made to me as just part of making some sort of point and not really genuine but I see now I had you all wrong . Absolute great CPF spirit in you to offer help to a CPFer like that.

Kudos:)

Kiessling

Flashaholic

luminata ... thank you :eek:

But now I ruined Rob's thread. I am sorry :(
How about I close it at your command, I'll add another $100 to you $100 and you re-visit your light options in the $200 range now and come back with a similar thread later?

Again ... I am sorry.

bernie

Vickers

Enlightened

If you use PREORDER10 in the discount coupon section for the P3D RB100, the final price is $62.55. Just a consideration.

Kiessling, du bist ein cool cat. :bow:

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wolf-Eyes Defender II! Make sure to get the HO (170 lumens) lamp assembly and the 2 levels version... I think the 4 levels version sucks! A forward clicky is not well suited for a Fenix like UI. You can't signal even if you have the forward clicky, you only gain momentary on and if you want to switch level, you have to do a full click off then full click on. With the 2 levels version, mode switching is done by twisting the head!

Also, it's a great light to run on 18650 cells! 2h runtime on high then 30min diminishing, 25h on low. With CR123A, 80 minutes then 4h diminishing on high, 50h on low.

Some flashlight pr0n:

http://picasaweb.google.ca/picasawildchild/WolfEyesDefenderII/photo#5100892830284796194

Last edited:

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened

I got word today from David at the Fenix-Store that my P2D Rebel had shipped! I don't know if the P3D Rebels are in stock yet, but the P2 is 175 claimed lumens on turbo. Probably 140 or 50 out the window. I love my P2D-Q2 for the size and beam profile and I think the Rebel will be brighter. Just a thought...

Kiessling your offer was truly kind and in the Best CPF spirit! I applaud your generosity.....

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bernie,

Again, thank you for the kind and gracious offer. But I still must decline. What you could do with the $100.00 that would make me very happy, is to donate it to your favorite charity. You also have nothing at all to be sorry for. I am sure the community will still help me pick a new light. You are a good man Bernie, and I am proud to be a member of CPF because of people like you. I wish you nothing but good will and happiness in your life Bernie.

luminata ... thank you :eek:

But now I ruined Rob's thread. I am sorry :(
How about I close it at your command, I'll add another $100 to you $100 and you re-visit your light options in the $200 range now and come back with a similar thread later?

Again ... I am sorry.

bernie

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast

just to alert you that the Lumapower M1 is getting an upgrade to a +50% from its already excellent output (together with excellent runtime, throw, construction,...).

This was just annouced 2-3 days ago, and more details (including price) should be announced within a few more days.

The new light has the M1-R moniker, and there is a thread over the manufacturers' sub-forum.

The +50% increase in power would bring it up to something like 175 lumens, fairly close to what were monster flashlights only 6 months ago, at a reasonably small formfactor.

Price should be near some of the other prices you quoted, though final details (including some technical details as to how exactly the extra power is generated!) are not yet out.

big_erb

Newly Enlightened

This is why I am continually suprised and delighted to be part of a group of trully great people! The people of CPF MAKE this a great hobby for me!

Dont know if it my place to comment but this thread struck a chord...

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

What kind of lumens are coming out of the Deerlight? If it's putting 1A to the SSC I would think it would be close to 200 lumens out the front. I might have to pick up a Deerlight sometime. :)

leprechaun414

Enlightened

I too am interested in a couple of these lights. I look forward to hearing additional opinions in the best light or lights in this group.

LightScene

Enlightened

I'm pretty sure Dereelight has already discontinued the SSC model, but they are still making the 2 modes Cree model. Check the mfgrs forum for the latest info.
I ordered one with the 5-modes P60 drop-in module directly from Dereelight because Lighthound didn't have it. Should be here next week.
Also check the reviews forum for 2 reviews.

mdocod

Flashaholic

Personally, I'd stick to 18650 compatible options. I think the new version of the M1 coming out would be a fine choice.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Get the best flashlight you possibly can. Even if that means accepting the generosity of a fellow CPF community member. stick around and you will have an opportunity to repay that generosity.
One thing you have to get used to here is that there are some very generous persons here. It is not unusual for a person who has had an expensive custom flashlight stolen or even lost to receive a replacement unit from an unknown benefactor just because like it or not we are a kind of family here. We help each other out.
Personally I would rather see you get a high quality Surefire flashlight with a real lifetime warranty over every single one of the other lights you mentioned. If there is somebody willing to make up the difference please do not hesitate just do it. If Bernie couldn't afford it or did not want to do it he wouldn't offer his assistance.
Get used to it..unless you become a crazy long winded flashlight freak like me. It is a fine line we walk.
Just do it. If you are not happy with the light trade it for one you want. Without guilt.
Yaesumofo

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast

All the ones you listed are great lights. Seeing as you already have a P3D-CE, I think the P3D Rebel would be a bit redundant. Everyone always wants the absolute brightest, but in real usage, the difference in output isn't really noticeable unless you always carry around both lights and flash both at the target constantly to show yourself that one is brighter.

Of your list, I prefer the Dereelight CL1H 2.0. It combines the features of the LP M1/HL FT-01 such as the HAIII finish and bezel down clip (FT-01) and the W-E such as momentary forward clicky into an extremely well made light that is lower priced than its competitors. I love my Dereelights.

The Amilite T5 stands out in your list as it is completely different from the others...only uses 1x123A, is by far the smallest, and no where near the runtime of the others on high. If you want small, this is your choice, but all your other options are considerably larger.

It'd be sweet if you got all of them and did the ultimate 2x123A/1x18650 comparo!