ARC Flashlights.....Tell me about them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I am very new to this site and read alot about the ARC flashlights. What is so special about these lights that make them the price they are? I currently have a 6p and looking for other lights and I see alot of you guy have them. So educate me about them.

Thanks

Saaby

Flashaholic
Size, Performance, Durability, Customer Service, Value.

Size: The AAA is tiny! You think it's small in photos? Wait until you own one (And you will own one).

Performance: This is related directly to size. The AAA and the LS are 2 of the best flashlights when it comes to size vs. performance. There are brighter lights out there but they're also much larger.

Durability: The AAA is nearly indestructable. It's been frozen solid, dropped, kicked, ran over, flushed, you name it. It keeps on a shining.

Customer Service: Peter has got to be one of the best people to deal with out there. Period. End of story.

Value: They're expensive but they're worth it. To me that's value.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nearly indestructable?

the thing is literally bombproof!
it has been shot out of guns
gone trough the dishwasher
up little girls noses
down garbage disposals
at depts in exess of 600ft (scientific calculations say it is good for well over 2000)
had it's battery changed 9ft under water.

i can't think of <font color="red">any</font> verified case of destruction!!!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to the web site and read all about their 2 products.

They are a perfectionist flashlight company that builds absolutely first rate products, from the ground up.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
dont forget dropped into a oil drain pan filled with hot 200 degree + oil and atf.
wasnt found till the next day when i poured the waste oil into jugs.did no damage.

[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
nearly indestructable?

up little girls noses
down garbage disposals
at depts in exess of 600ft (scientific calculations say it is good for well over 2000)

[/ QUOTE ]

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
snakebite said:
dont forget dropped into a oil drain pan filled with hot 200 degree + oil and atf.
wasnt found till the next day when i poured the waste oil into jugs.did no damage.

[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
nearly indestructable?

up little girls noses
down garbage disposals

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also dipped in LN2 (liquid nitrogen). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Arc AAA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif rules all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif .

Saaby

Flashaholic
What I want to see is dropped in the Liquid Nitrogen, and then in the Oil, and then back in the Nitrogen. Bet it wouldn't survive that! (But then again, what would?)

Aeryk

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I am thinking I need to get one of these...and I thought my little Mag-Solitaire I modded was tough...hehe

Aeryk

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
What I want to see is dropped in the Liquid Nitrogen, and then in the Oil, and then back in the Nitrogen. Bet it wouldn't survive that! (But then again, what would?)

[/ QUOTE ]

How about dropping one into Liquid Nitrogen, and then hitting it with a hammer? I know a banana won't stand up to that, but an Arc AAA is tougher than a banana, right? Well, isn't it? Isn't it?

Dang, I'm in silly moods lately.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi 5.0Trunk...

As you can see, the Arc flashlights have attributes that truly are of biblical proportions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Arcs simply are some of the best flashlights ever made. Period.

Best wishes to you!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Can you guys tell me how the beam stacks up against the 6P? The 6P is the only real flashlight I currently have and I would like to get a smaller light to carry around instead of the 6P but just a bright as the 6P.

Thanks

B@rt

Flashaholic
Err, there was something about the AAA dunked in nitrogen and a clip about it? Did I miss that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi 5.0Trunk...

I don`t have a 6P to compare the Arc LS to, but I`m sure there are one or more other CPF`ers who could post some beam shots or give you their read on your question.

Good luck!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And BTW...just go ahead and buy an Arc LSH-P and make the comparison yourself. You`ll never regret it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Dan at Tactical Warehouse has them in stock at a good price.)

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, to clear the confusion, what are you talking about?:

Arc AAA: Uses one AAA sized battery, suitable for a keychain, uses one LED. $25

Arc LS: Uses one 123A battery, uses the Luxeon Star LED (brighter than 10-15 LEDs). $120-160

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the arc aaa will compare quite unfavorably to the 6p in terms of brightness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the arc lsp will be less also, but the better runtime, smaller size, whiter light, no bulb-breakage, increased durability, etc. certainly makes up for it!

i highly recommend a arc ls, i highly command you to get a arc aaa /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.