Arc AAA vs ARC Super D runtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

georget98

Enlightened
arcd.jpg

How long will it run? I really don't think I have the patience for this.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Probably until December 2009 when the battery expires /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Heyyyyyy.....gives me an idea....hey there CNCDan, do you think there might be a market for a AAA to D mod? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
Hmmmmm ... Done properly a battery carrier to hold one C or D battery and an Arc AAA head would actually be a good emergency light with a REALLY long run time - something just short of the heat death of the universe ...

The Arc AAA actually puts out a really good and useful amount of light, and for long term emergency use, a single D sized lamp is not at all "too big" to be a good unit.

If someone comes up with such a holder (waterproof, etc., of course) I very likely would spring for one if the cost were reasonable.

tomsig03.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is actually a very good setup to keep in mind in case you end up in a survival situation. With something like a coathanger, and whatever battery you can find, you could have basic light for quite a long time.

Nice one!!

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was me who did the single C an D cell bodies for the LS. I have just completed a single C cell holder for the AAA, but the darn anodizers didn't mask the threads right, and now the threads need to be stripped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Here's the newest one:

c-AAA-2.jpg

c-AAA.jpg

Saaby

Flashaholic
Well I wonder how Dan's AAAA bodies are doing. I'd buy one but I'm plum broke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif that's ok I have a buyer lined up for my soul...

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Email me with your wants (or needs ...:) )and I'll see what I can do. Mods are what I do, after all... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

itsme1234

Newly Enlightened
Either that or _any_ wire and some clear adhesive tape.

[ QUOTE ]
Lux Luthor said:
This is actually a very good setup to keep in mind in case you end up in a survival situation. With something like a coathanger, and whatever battery you can find, you could have basic light for quite a long time.

Nice one!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Status
Not open for further replies.