Energizer E2 Lithium in Arc AAA-P; experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by datiLED on 8-02-07 HERE.

Regarding the use of 1.7V Lithium batteries, The Arc site states:

1.7v, non-rechargeable Lithium AAA cells will work and have been tested in the Arc-AAA. The light will be slightly brighter and the run time will produce a more flat discharge curve. Runtime may actually be less because of the flatter discharge curve. They also work better at very cold temperatures. These cells can be 4-5 times the cost of a good alkaline. For most people, they are probably not worth the extra cost.

Has anyone had any experience using the 1.7V cells in their Arc AAA-P? I like the idea of having a cell in my EDC light that is going to work regardless of the conditions. It doesn't see much use, so I want a cell that will be there when I need it.

Thanks,

datiLED

Greta

Flashaholic
Copied Replies:

powernoodle08-02-2007 09:12 AM
Re: Energizer E2 Lithium in Arc AAA-P; experiences?

Thats what I use in my Arc, which serves a backup role on my keys. The lithium's light weight is a small added bonus. It does provide a flatter output.

right on

kitelights08-02-2007 09:36 AMRe: Energizer E2 Lithium in Arc AAA-P; experiences?

I've been using the AAA lithiums in my ARCs since they came out. Brighter, lighter, less likely to leak and more dependable in extremely hot or cold conditions.

The only downside is when they go, they go without much warning, but the tradeoff is worth it to me.

Lebkuecher08-02-2007 09:50 AMRe: Energizer E2 Lithium in Arc AAA-P; experiences?

I wouldn't use anything else. I have never had a problem.

parnass08-02-2007 10:00 AMRe: Energizer E2 Lithium in Arc AAA-P; experiences?

I use Energizer lithium primary batteries in my Arc AAA-P lights mainly because I don't want to risk an alkaline cell leaking and damaging a great $40 flashlight.

Gransee08-02-2007 11:01 AMRe: Energizer E2 Lithium in Arc AAA-P; experiences?

Updated the faq with a bit about the weight and leakage advantages.

peter

datiLED08-03-2007 05:30 AMRe: Energizer E2 Lithium in Arc AAA-P; experiences?

Wow. Thank you for the great responses, guys.

I feel better about using them now that there hasn't been any reports of :poof:

I also like the lighter weight, and fact that the cell won't leak in my light.

The Arc AAA-P is a classic. I can't imagine leaving home without it. It is my security blanket for when I don't have another light on me.

Peter, I will check out the updated FAQ, ASAP.

Thanks again,

datiLED

Status
Not open for further replies.