Got my Fenix L2D RB100 today.

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
Well my new Fenix L2D RB 100 arrived today. Thought I would share some of the pros and cons I have noticed so far.

Pros:

Takes rechargeable and regular alkaline AA batteries.

Switching between modes is very easy.

Size is very nice and rides easy in the pocket for a 2 cell light.

Feels pretty sturdy for such a low cost light (not a sturdy as my HDS but that's to be expected).

Beam not as ringy as the cree lights.

Cons:

Well, the tint on mine isn't as warm as I thaught it would be. My HDS B60 LE has a much warmer tint.

Thats about the only Con so far. Once it gets dark we will see how it performs

Last edited:

ideefixe

Newly Enlightened
The release was delayed because changes were made to the reflector, can you show what the LED and reflector looks like?

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
Tonight I really have nothing to do. If you have any special pic requests just ask and I will take them. Beamshots will come later when it gets dark. Here are the first pics:

fenix2.jpg

Fenix.jpg

zenas

Newly Enlightened
Hm, would be nice to see the light in "total view" - means how is the finish and everything you feel with your hand.
And some pictures of the inside of the head (battery-contact-plate) :)

meuge

Enlightened
I got my P2D-R100 today, and I would love it to death (very bright... awesome tint...), except the tailcap switch is malfunctioning severely.

A full click will only register like 1/20 times. Furthermore, sometimes it'll be in a state where even 20 clicks won't turn it on, but the light will flash when the button is traveling up and down.

The light itself is fine, since it works perfectly on my L2DCE body... but the tailcap issue is killing the joy for me. I emailed 4sevens, so I hope to get this resolved quickly.

In the meantime, I guess I'll enjoy my hybrid L2D-P100...

l1s125

Newly Enlightened
I'm having tailcap switch issues as well. I got a L1T v2.0 and the reverse clickie that it comes with does not work at all. Fortunately the forward clickie cap works, and I can still use the light while i wait for a replacement.

tarpon6

Newly Enlightened
:party:
Sweet! I just got the L2D-CE a couple weeks ago and love it. Now I'm wondering if I should go for the Rebel?? Really looking forward to some comparisons between the Cree and Rebel versions of the L2D. Or maybe I'll get a new L0D Rebel instead..

Last edited:

lumenal

Enlightened
I'm having tailcap switch issues as well. I got a L1T v2.0 and the reverse clickie that it comes with does not work at all. Fortunately the forward clickie cap works, and I can still use the light while i wait for a replacement.

Dude, I got the same light.

The reverse clicky needed the switch retaining ring tightened up, mine was fairly loose. Try tightening yours up.

Now it works perfectly, although the new "textured" switch-cap protrudes a tiny bit, resulting in a wobbly tailstand. :thinking:

Anyone else notice this?

So far, the early impressions are positive.

meuge

Enlightened
Dude, I got the same light.

The reverse clicky needed the switch retaining ring tightened up, mine was fairly loose. Try tightening yours up.

Now it works perfectly, although the new "textured" switch-cap protrudes a tiny bit, resulting in a wobbly tailstand. :thinking:

Anyone else notice this?

So far, the early impressions are positive.

For me, it's definitely a defective switch, as I was able to take the switch (just the button) from the L2D-CE and transfer it to the P2D-R100 and the flashlight works great now.

Since I bought the P2D-R100 to EDC, I think I'd rather deal with the absent L2D-CE until I get a replacement... rather than the light I want to carry everywhere.

LA OZ

Enlightened
I just don't get it. Why is it that people love warm tint nowaday. In the luxeon year everyone was aftering a white tint LED and now I am seeing people complaining that their LED is not warm enough.

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
I have always liked LED's on the warmer side regarding tint. The tint isn't bad just not what I was expecting. Now off to attempt some beamshots........

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
I just got my L2T V2.0 today, and my first impressions are much the same as the others. Mine came with two tailcaps. One is a "tactical" momentary-on clickie, while the other is a clickie that does not protrude beyond the tailcap ring-so mine is quite stable standing on end. I'm going to EDC this one at work for a while, flaunting it before everyone else who have come to expect to see the latest and greatest from me. I like the simple, elegant belt holster,too. My current EDC has a flap on the holster, and the velcro has lost most of its grip (I must draw my light 20 times or more a day at work), so I like a design like this. I haven't had this light out at night yet, but I had it out in my polebarn looking for a possible resident skunk in dark corners, and it has a goodly amount of light to it.

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
For some reason I cannot take a beamshot that accurately depicts the beam. Im using a canon rebel XT. Any ideas?