How to hard reset the Novatac 120P

chufarhi

Newly Enlightened
I have suddenly set the 120P into morse code mode:oops:. It means when I hold the button will stay on and release the button will off. I just want to reset to factory default. But the manual doesn't teach with that. Thanks.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does he have to keep pressing and turn the tailcap at the same time? The manual says turn the light on and then unscrew the battery case. Since he has it on tactical momentary the light does not stay on by itself so I presume he would have to keep it on by pressing and then unscrew the battery case. When screwed back on the dim light will show and then he can press and hold etc...Am I making the correct assumption? Just want to clarify for future reference for those needing to do the same thing.

BBL

Enlightened
forget switchting the light on... this is only said to make sure the light is really without power.

Basically it goes that way:

Screw on the battery tube.
As soon as the electronics notice there is voltage, they start this one-second dim light. In that one second, hold the button and wait until the brighter-dim-bright-off sequence is over.
Reset done.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I didn't know that.

forget switchting the light on... this is only said to make sure the light is really without power.

Basically it goes that way:

Screw on the battery tube.
As soon as the electronics notice there is voltage, they start this one-second dim light. In that one second, hold the button and wait until the brighter-dim-bright-off sequence is over.
Reset done.