Arc 4+ Switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by nmiller on 8-05-07 HERE:

Whats the deal with the arc 4+ switch? Can it be repaired? What goes wrong with it?

Thanks,

Nick

Greta

Flashaholic
Copied replies:

karlthev08-05-2007 12:10 PM
Re: Arc 4+ Switch?

Hmm, hot question I'd say. I'm no expert by any means but, the Arc 4 had a switch very sensitive to battery length as well as to shock. Initially the wrong battery length would create a bunch of difficulties later, wth some improvements, the switch did experience more relaibility however, the switch some say, lead to the demise of the Arc 4 and Arc itself. Clearly there were more issues than the switch but it did not help Peter Gransee. Can it be fixed? How's about it depends? I have several Arc 4s and performance varies from light to light--one is flawless and the light is a shelf queen. Another I just recently acquired, is about as fine a one as I've encountered. The switch is not one easily repaired I'm afraid. Let's see what soem other members have to say on this one.

Karl

nmiller08-05-2007 01:22 PMRe: Arc 4+ Switch?

Thanks Karl. Hopefully more will chime in. What happens if the switch does malfunction?

Nick

karlthev08-05-2007 01:27 PMRe: Arc 4+ Switch?

I didn't do a search and I forget who was working on these and sometimes successfully as I remember. I believe as well that Peter (Gransee) was "offering" $150 for each one returned that did not function properly. Try a search for Arc4+ and see what comes up. There is a vast storehouse of information on this.

Karl

nmiller08-05-2007 01:47 PMRe: Arc 4+ Switch?

Karl,

I've been looking. You are right. There is a lot of info out there and so far I'm not too thrilled about picking one of these up.

Nick

karlthev08-05-2007 01:49 PMRe: Arc 4+ Switch?

Do a search for this one. It gives quite a bit of information.

"Who still uses their ARC4+?"

Karl

karlthev08-05-2007 01:49 PMRe: Arc 4+ Switch?

PM to you.

Karl

THE_dAY08-05-2007 02:05 PMRe: Arc 4+ Switch?

here are 2 links by cy
tailcapmod

service for Arc4 switch

karlthev08-05-2007 02:30 PMRe: Arc 4+ Switch?

Those are good hyperlinks to important posts. I had forgotten CY was a key figure in these. Memories are fading anymore it seems!! Jeez!

Karl

bombelman08-07-2007 01:15 AMRe: Arc 4+ Switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller (Post 2051228)
Can it be repaired? What goes wrong with it?
Thanks, Nick

Depends on which part of the switch you are talking about.
If you're talking about the part where the circuit is, I think you
are talking about the (snap) dome switch.

These are available and can be replaces...

Status
Not open for further replies.