Arc in the media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Gransee on 8-02-07 HERE:

The Arc-AAA appears in this month's edition of go! Your journey starts here. Magazine. The article is about what the inventor of the Leatherman multitool carries in his kitbag. High praise from the man who has a pretty good understanding of what makes a usefull tool.
Also, thanks to the gentleman who sent me this.
peter

Greta

Flashaholic
Copied Replies:

Lebkuecher08-02-2007 09:07 AM
Re: Arc in the media

Good news Peter :thumbsup:

greenLED08-02-2007 10:37 AMRe: Arc in the media

Peter, do you have a direct link to the article, or is it not available on the website yet?

I searched for leatherman, arc, flashlight, but came up empty.

It's awesome to know Mr. Leatherman carries an Arc. Does Mr. Gransee carry a Leatherman? :D

nmiller08-02-2007 10:48 AMRe: Arc in the media

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenLED (Post 2050260)

It's awesome to know Mr. Leatherman carries an Arc. Does Mr. Gransee carry a Leatherman? :D

That would be funny. I carry both daily!

Gransee08-02-2007 10:49 AMRe: Arc in the media

greenLED, I couldn't find the article on their website either. I have sent an email to them asking if I can post a scan of the article. The actual bit about the Arc-AAA is just a small part of the total article: a picture (one that I took myself) and a paragraph about why he carries it and how he uses it.

For years I have carried a small swiss army classic on my keychain. Its a small multitool. I'm on my second one and I use it several times a week typically. I have a larger multitool in the glove box. Merri has several leathermans including the micra and sideclip with the micra getting the most use. We've given leatherman tools as gifts to family members.

peter

cerbie08-03-2007 04:13 PMRe: Arc in the media

My EDC: AAA-P, PST. Minimal and immensely useful. Also, my PST won't break or rust badly enough to be replaced with a Wave or Charge :D.

It's a good thing not everyone already has a good multitool, or he would run himself out of business from making things that can last.

Er, now back to saving pennies, so I'll have enough when the new LS comes out.

paulr08-04-2007 01:11 AMRe: Arc in the media

Nice placement and it will be cool to see the scan. You know about the fancy SAK kit where you get a Swisschamp in a leather pouch with a bunch of other stuff including a Gag Solitaire? Do you happen to know if the Arc AAA fits in the pouch slot made for the Gag? Somehow putting an Arc into that slot instead of the Gag just seems very satisfying. The Arc is a little shorter so it might be necessary to shove a little spacer down into the bottom of the pouch slot, but I'll guess that shouldn't be difficult. I have a Swisschamp but don't currently have the pouch for it.

Gransee08-10-2007 04:06 PMRe: Arc in the media

OK, I received approval to post a scan of the article. This is on page 106 of the August 2007 edition of Go! Magazine. I cut off the right side a little bit by accident when I scanned this but you get the idea.

Arc-AAA_in_Go!_magazine_-_medium.jpg

peter

WTH08-10-2007 04:39 PMRe: Arc in the media

Congrats on the press!

THE_dAY08-10-2007 05:44 PMRe: Arc in the media

very nice, and even a picture!

i like the name that was used "ARC MINI FLASHLIGHT"

greenLED08-10-2007 05:51 PMRe: Arc in the media

Sweet, Peter!

Manzerick08-10-2007 07:27 PMRe: Arc in the media

NICE!!!!

:)

roberttheiii08-20-2007 07:32 AMRe: Arc in the media

Very nice press! I also find it funny that the other article on the page is about rechargeable failures. If its infrequently used, I love Lithium.

Status
Not open for further replies.