Question for Mr. Bulk and other LEOs

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible that the Feds are profiling people, using criteria as simple as a computer operating system, and perhaps its company or country of origin???

In my case, it is Mandrake Linux operating system from Mandraksoft in Paris, France.

IF one or more Al Queda members or real associates use this OS, then have the Feds used this a profiling key to find terrorists in the USA???

I like Mandrake Linux powerpack Edition so much, that I bought a powerpack subscription from Mandrakesoft. This began with version 8.2 retail box (with manuals) and was shipped from mandrakesoft in California via Fedex. Then, to my surprise, I got the 9.0 powerpack sucbscription CD set via Air Priority from Mandrakesoft in Paris, France (3 weeks). When it arrived, I also got a bunch of domestic mail that had been delayed up to 2.5 weeks longer than normal (usual 1 to 3 days). Then I ordered a couple of Versalux bulbs from Techass in Nevada, and had them sent via US domestic Priority Mail. What should have taken no more than 3 days, took 6 days from postmarked date.

Currently, I am wiating for 4 custom LED bulbs for 4.5 volt Petzl headlamps from AB, and my Custom Arc LS 2C pack from DSpeck. Both of these are from Canada and have to go through Customs. Suddenly, I am not getting any domestic mail (again)!!!! I am still waiting for these items!

Does this look a wee bit suspicious to you guys???? Is it possible that I have been listed as a Terrorist by the Feds, either because of Mandrak Linux OS, and/or that I happen to be Gay??? (FBI Director under Reagan declared all gays to be traitors, by reason of being gay. So I figure gays are considered to be terrorists as well.)

I looked on the Customs website, and it said it can take up to 2 weeks for things to clear Customs. So I would not be concerned, IF it were only the inbound international packages that take so long.

Remember, these are 3 separate incidents, all involving US Postal Service (not UPS or FEDEX).

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Does this look a wee bit suspicious to you guys???? Is it possible that I have been listed as a Terrorist by the Feds, either because of Mandrak Linux OS, and/or that I happen to be Gay??? (FBI Director under Reagan declared all gays to be traitors, by reason of being gay. So I figure gays are considered to be terrorists as well.)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really f**ked up, if you ask me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
cussing.gif

I've had a couple of BIG boxes take longer than expected to get from there (New York City NY and Houston TX) to here (downtown Seattle WA) but neither one looked "opened". And I haven't had any delays that I know of with regular mail; letters or packages, regardless if they go in my mailbox or get delivered by another mailman who rings my doorbell.

I caught some hell right here on CPF just after "uncloseting" myself about 1 1/2 years ago, but the Feds have left me alone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i would assume if they were checking your stuff, they would at least mark it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tomas

Banned
Rothrandir, I have a very visual imagination, and the image that instantly popped into my mind when I read your comment above ( "i would assume if they were checking your stuff, they would at least mark it!" ) was a postal inspector, uh, "marking" the box the same way a dog "marks" his territory ...

... and sometimes people wonder why I quietly chuckle at the oddest things ...

tomsig03.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would prefer responses from LEOs. Nothing looked to be tampered with. However, there are ways to do this, without the obvious and Governments hold this sort of thing (methods) very closely. Many things can be identified with various imaging techniques (all high tech). What most people don't do, is look at the postmark and then at the calendar. I do this all the time, as a matter of curiosity, to see how long it took in transit.

As a result, I definitely noticed when USPS deliveries went totally out of normal transit times. This was not just parcels, but all non-catalog first class mail as well.

In regard to the custom 2C Arc LS battery pack from Doug, I told him that I do not expect to receive it, but expect it to be seized and destroyed by the Feds (Customs, etc.), because they think it is either a bomb or parts for one, instead of what it actually is!

Why mark things in a COVERT investigation??? What gave it away as such (possibility), is the lengthy delay in all of my Domestic Mail.

I think that if Mandrakesoft had shipped my subscription cd set from California, this would not have happened. It would not have gone through Customs. Since the Feds want to catch all the terrorists in the USA, a very good place to look at things is Customs. When you flag a product like Mandrake Linux OS, then you are going to get thousands of false hits, BUT, since it is part of the official profile, you are permanently marked as a terrorist, when you are not.

There are 2 Customs processing centers dedicated to the Postal System for international mail coming into the USA. This is why it takes up to 2 weeks for items to clear Customs. It also makes it easier to sort via profiling, then when the flag is 'set' all of the recipient's domestic mail is rerouted for investigation. It is the only thing that makes sense with logical thought and observed incidents.

I wish I would have a face to face confrontation with a Fed LEO or a simple phone conversation! It would either clear things up, or I would be arrested under the Patriot Act, for which no solid evidence is needed, nor due process required.

I find it interesting that no LEOs have yet commented here, but, maybe they haven't seen this yet.

As far as a gay closet is concerned, I don't bother with it, as I have seen the Dossier that the Ohio State Highway Patrol has on me (the actual physical Dossier). The trooper told me that they watch gay bars bars on the pretext of drugs, in order to find out who all the gays are. (I won't talk about it in cpf chat, either, since it is not a place for that.) Neither do I desire to meet anyone from cpf. CPF is enough to stay in touch on relevant topics. All I have are my pics and private fantasies, and maybe I like it that way.

If you have seen my references to being a Subhuman, now you know why I acknowledge being Subhuman (genetics).

I needed to explain myself more fully, so you would understand more fully why I am apparently on a list of at least suspected terrorists. I doubt I could ever confirm such, but, when my mental alarm bells go off, they are rarely wrong.

Tomas, I doubt it is Postal Inspectors. This comes under the Purview of Homeland Security.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update:

Got the package from DSpeck today (11 days in transit) and AB sent out a new one, commenting on stupid postal service. Just found out about the new bulb set from AB (news to me).

Also got a bunch of Domestic mail today too. Sorta adds to my suspicions when this happens. At least it wasn't 3 weeks.