Filters and pounches for novatacs

travlingtexanman

Newly Enlightened
As some of you who read my last post know, I am buying both a gladius and a novatac. Now, I am going down to light hound on Saturday (I too live in the Houston area) to pick up a novatac hopfully. Now what I am going to need is a red lens filter and a belt pouch for it. I was wondering if any of you nova tac people out there had some recomendations for belt pounch that would fit it, and if any of you had any ideas about some red lens filters. Sure fire has a red lens filter, but because of the bezel shape of the nova tac, i am woried that it wont fit.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an F04 beam diffuser and it fits my Novatac perfectly. The F05 Red filter looks to be the same size. The Surefire website states that the F04 and F05 fit the E1E so the red filter should fit the Novatac.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
What do you guys think about a combo pouch?

Two openings for both a big light (Novatac) and small army knife -or- a big army knife and small light (1AAA). And yes, I know there's a CyberTool with a built in LED, but it won't hold a candle (sorry, couldn't resist! :devil: ) to even an ARC in need of new batteries. And without making the pouch that much bigger.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a F05 and F06 (red and blue) filters from tactical supply yesterday. They fit my 120P perfectly! They are also for the L2 and EiL surefires. He also had some V64 pouches but I think they are gone. Check what he has left in his dealer post.:thumbsup:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The concealco 1 inch holster which costs about $21.0o is perfect for the NovaTac flashlight.
It is inexpensive and highly durable.
They work with the HDS lights and PD's as well.
There are other options available as well like the fine work from fellow CPF'er qarawol
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=168014

He makes a totally unique system for flashlights which can accodomate a light a multi-tool and a phone. I have one which holds an HDS and a swiss tool.
I have extremely easy access to either tool without looking and with one handed access. If you are a tool freak and want to use your NovaTac as a tool then looking at this mans work is a must.
His prices are higher than the consealco leather but you are possibly buying into a system which you can completely customize to your needs.
It is all about your needs. For some a small nylon pouch will do for others Especially tool users a system such as QARAWOL's is a must.

As far as filters go...The $30 HDS hit is interesting. The kit contains some small circular filters. These can be used as templates for filters which can be made from a FREE filter sample pack from LEE Filters. (google Lee filters) When you receive the filters in the post you can cut small circles of filter's in just about ANY color or shade. If you cut them right you just loosen the bezel carefully remove the "lens" slip in the color filter you want and simply replace the lens back over the filter which is now inside the lens reflector package.
Trust me this system works amazingly well and if you choose not to buy the HDS kit (which is not necessary for the Novatac light,) You just need to be able to cut a perfect 22.5mm round filter from the FREE sample you get.
Anyway it is better than the surefire unit since that is really is just a sort of softening filter.
The LEE filter pack also contains filters of this nature and many others to try.
You can even color correct an emitter with these filters. there is some loss but with the brightness of today's emitters a little loss is not important and you can make the light color of your flashlight as close to perfect as possible.
And it is free.
Try it out.
Yaesumofo

As some of you who read my last post know, I am buying both a gladius and a novatac. Now, I am going down to light hound on Saturday (I too live in the Houston area) to pick up a novatac hopfully. Now what I am going to need is a red lens filter and a belt pouch for it. I was wondering if any of you nova tac people out there had some recomendations for belt pounch that would fit it, and if any of you had any ideas about some red lens filters. Sure fire has a red lens filter, but because of the bezel shape of the nova tac, i am woried that it wont fit.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I orderd 2 of Kazus holsters.
They are nice but the are not what i would call TOP OF THE LINE. I was not thrilled with the quality of the leather he uses the magnetic closures and snaps are not the most heavy duty.
Some people who have stuff made by Matt at art of the hide were spoiled.
qarawol's work is much different than anthing else I have ever seen. qarawol's work is unique in that he pre streches the lether straps so there is no break in. the light will never become loose. IMHO this is a better choice if you want a "system".

Yaesumofo

Have you looked at member Kazu he makes nice holsters to order.i have two being made now for my Novatacs.like this http://kazuroom.1616bbs.com/bbs/?pid...19&mode2=topic

whc

Enlightened
I have the Quality holster from AW, very happy with it: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=166526

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I orderd 2 of Kazus holsters.
They are nice but the are not what i would call TOP OF THE LINE. I was not thrilled with the quality of the leather he uses the magnetic closures and snaps are not the most heavy duty.
Some people who have stuff made by Matt at art of the hide were spoiled.
qarawol's work is much different than anthing else I have ever seen. qarawol's work is unique in that he pre streches the lether straps so there is no break in. the light will never become loose. IMHO this is a better choice if you want a "system".

Yaesumofo
FYI and no offence intended I have had a artofthehide holster.And yes awesome qaulity.But the magnetic catch and clip is the same on Kazu's holsters.I have had two from him before and IMO they are great value for money and good qaulity.I cannot coment on the qarawol system of holsters never had one.So for me bang for the buck goes to Kazu come on they are not that bad.In fact the qaulity can match the best out there.Anyway I except your opinion and that is what it is all about opinions and choices made by ourselves lets hold on to that.
Just one more thing:twothumbs to Kazu.

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not feel like not is necessary to go into great detail about Kazu's work.
It is of adaquet work. The quality (quantity) of the stich work is very different the quality of the Leather used between these two makers is totally different. The hardware used on MY Art of the Hide peices is of superior quality over Kazus.
In terms of value and what is available Kazu is almost the only game in town...almost. The Consealco product is First rate and much less expansive than the Kazu product.
The qarawol system is the most flexable and most expensive at the moment. With leather as with most things related to flashlights You get what you pay for. That said there are some fine values available. One of which is the Consealco $20.00 1 inch holster. This is a made to order product..In essence custom made.
If you are looking for value keep looking!!!

I am infact at this moment doing a write up about the history and parallels of holster devolopment to the devolopment of flashlights.
I have plenty examples of each (lights and leather) to be able to show the history and levels of quality in detail.
Look out for my leather article in the next few week. It is my hope that it will be able to be used to guide both end users and makers of leather for future devolopment of leather products designed for flashlight freaks.
I plan to show the basic history and the various options that I have come accross.

I love the holster side of flashlights almost as much as the flashlight side.
IMHO every great flashlight deserves a great peice of leather (or plastic or kevlar or whatever) to hold and keep the light protected and handy.
yaesumofo

FYI and no offence intended I have had a artofthehide holster.And yes awesome qaulity.But the magnetic catch and clip is the same on Kazu's holsters.I have had two from him before and IMO they are great value for money and good qaulity.I cannot coment on the qarawol system of holsters never had one.So for me bang for the buck goes to Kazu come on they are not that bad.In fact the qaulity can match the best out there.Anyway I except your opinion and that is what it is all about opinions and choices made by ourselves lets hold on to that.
Just one more thing:twothumbs to Kazu.

travlingtexanman

Newly Enlightened
Those are nice holsters, but I really need something in Baslitic Nylon, like the cordura fabric used in alot of backpacks. I need something i dont minde draging through the mud in other words. I found an inexpensive one at lighthound, and it fints around the light fine if it has the belt clip on, and although the top is a little long, i can cut it down and re sow the end to get it to fit. It wont be perfect, but it will work till I find something better.

x923x

Newly Enlightened
I use the Surefire V64 for horizontal carry or a Case Logic small pouch to clip onto the shoulder straps of my backpack for my 120p, Ti PD-S, or E1L when I hit the trails on my bike. Both fit like they were made for 'em all.

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are nice holsters, but I really need something in Baslitic Nylon, like the cordura fabric used in alot of backpacks. I need something i dont minde draging through the mud in other words. I found an inexpensive one at lighthound, and it fints around the light fine if it has the belt clip on, and although the top is a little long, i can cut it down and re sow the end to get it to fit. It wont be perfect, but it will work till I find something better.
Try AW's qaulity nylon holsters they are on sale now! in the dealers corner.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys...reviving an old thread because the case logic pouches above are now $5.87 at caselogic.com (on sale for $7.34 with an additional 20% off until 1/18/08). With $3.99 shipping, I just got 3 for $21.60.

DM51

Flashaholic
Guys...reviving an old thread because the case logic pouches above are now $5.87 at caselogic.com
Please post that in the Good Deals section in the MP - it belongs there rather than here.

I'll leave this thread open though, as the other info on filters etc is still good (also applies to Ra lights and other 1-inch dia. lights too).