Question for those with a Seoul modded Gladius from Strategos

Seijin

Newly Enlightened
I received my Seoul modded Gladius from Strategos a few days ago. I noticed that there is a small gap between the head and the body of the light. My stock Gladius does not have this gap. Does anyone else who has the modded Gladius from Strategos have this? See the picture below.
187361772-L.jpg

The mod is defineately brighter than stock but the hotspot on the stock Gladius is more focused. The photo below doesn't really show this well but you can tell the difference in brightness

187361773-L.jpg

I'm wondering if the gap may be causing the light not to focus properly
I appreciate any feedback

Thanks

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Sorry if I am hijacking the thread, but apart from the question you have about the gap, was it worth the upgrade in your opinion? I've been considering upgrading mine too.

Any feedback/ mini-review would be appreciated, even considering the potential issue you have :)

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, mine has this gap also. In fact, was the first thing I noticed taking the light out of the box :) . Seems to be purely cosmetic; the head is glued down and doesn't budge, the light is waterproof like it should. I presume it's due to the difference in thickness of the stars. The LED itself should sit in the same position of the reflector as the stock Luxeon. However, I expected some beam changes since the size and beam pattern of the SSC and the Luxeon are different and usually require a changed reflector to get the same beam out of the light. In fact, I am pleasantly surprised how similar the beam patterns are.

Beam's not perfect -- but then, even my stock Gladius has some beam artifacts, due to the smooth reflector and optimization for throw. But they're of the white-wall kind: You notice them when you look for them. When you use the light, they're not a problem at all.

As to if it's worth it: HELL YEAH!

Last edited:

cabindriver

Newly Enlightened
Mine has a gap, although it's a little narrower than your light. I think the mod is definitely worth the money.

On a side note, I sent two in; a friend's and mine. When they came back his worked fine and mine not at all. In desperation I smacked it on my hand and it's been fine ever since!

Seijin

Newly Enlightened
Oh yea, the upgrade was defineately worth it. I have no regrets. I just wanted to make sure some of the differences I was noticing were consistant with other owners. I had it out on the bicycle towpath trail the other night with my stock Gladius and the mod was very impressive, easily outshining the stock light. The strobe is equally impressive.
I'm afraid I'm not very good at doing the review thing but I'll do my best to answer any questions or perhaps post a pic or two if time allows.