Men only: What kind of jewelry do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Just what the subject line says: what kind of jewelry do you use on a regular basis? Men only, please...we already know that most women frequently use jewelry.

Jewelry:
Watch (this one)
Bracelet (has six colored aluminum rings connected by small black rubber rings)
Ring ("mood ring" that I recently got off Ebay - but it has a far better appearance than the original)
Nipple ring (niobium, I believe)
Necklace (beaded; colors of the rainbow, affixed by a magnetic clasp so it is easily removed when necessary)
Hoop earrings (1 each in right & left ears; silver hoops)
Eyebrow ring (silver hoop)

Tats:
Colored lightning bolt on right upper arm
Pink triangle on my upper left arm
Greek lambda just below my right nipple

I used to have four earrings in my right ear and three in my left ear, plus a nose ring (my mother in Alaska actually encouraged me to get this particular piercing! :eek:).
I haven't had any pierced jewelry in since I had that brain operation in late-2002; I was surprised to find the holes still there a couple of months ago (late-June? 2007) when I got my hands on some hoops and attempted to install them!!!
I fully expected that the holes would have long ago since closed; but this was not the case.

ledwat9.jpg

Watch.

moodring.jpg

Ring.

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watch
Wedding ring (when I get it sized have lost 50 lbs and it no longer fits)
Lime green cancer awareness bracelet ( Hodgkins Lymphoma awareness bracelet for my wifes illness)

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watch
Wedding ring
Silver rope necklace
My diamond-encrusted pimp goblet

OK, OK, kidding about the last one. Seriously, though, homey don't play piercings!!!

Last edited:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was cool - 12 hooped earings of ever decreasing sizes in my left ear with a ? one at the bottom of my ear.

Now - a watch.

lahjik

Newly Enlightened
A nice watch for show since I can't tell time from an analog watch.
Wedding ring with a few diamonds in a row
And then either a nice sterling silver square byzantine bracelet and necklace or a silver cuff.

Also got some nice cufflinks for my birthday so have a french cuff shirt on order.

And when I have to really dress up (suit/tux) an orb raw ns, of course

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most dress watches are jewelry. Luminox's, Marathons, and other military watches I don't consider to be jewelry. However, Rolex's, Omegas, and higher-end watches are jewelry. This is true, IMO, of bracelet bands and leather bands.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wedding ring.

Watch when working out in the field.

Diamond stud (sometimes).

Gold ear band rarely, I wear it in defiance of the old farts I work with when they **** me off. I also wear it when I have to wear a tie to the office.

I've lost track of my silver chain that used to be standard equipment when I was single. I got it in Mexico.

kelmo

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think any type of watch is jewlery of one type or another. Even the simple digital watch, or Spongebob Squarepants watch from Burger King is representative of ones personality and choice in ornamentation to one degree or another. Even many of the various straps and bracelets on a watch are a form of ornamentation often, afterall, a leather strap holds the watch to the wrist just as well as a Jubilee bracelet, the big difference is look and feel.

Just as I choose strictly dive watches, because I dive yes, but I like the way they look and feel. Two different examples show the jewlelry aspect as well as the functional aspect. The orange dial is the best lowlight dial but also quite interesting.

A 1970 Bulova Snorkel on ricebead

ricebead.jpg

A 2005 Seiko SKX011J on nylon Nato strap

bwbridge.jpg

h_nu

Enlightened
Just a very plain, cheap watch. I once had cuff links and a tie tack which were received as gifts. No idea where they went.

Status
Not open for further replies.