hahahahahaha stupid lady

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
Hahahahahaha, you will get a kick out of this one.

Ok, so me and my friends are chillen in my buddys boat. We were going to drop off some girls at a beach so they could walk home. It was dark so I loaned one of them my ultrafire wf-501b (no big deal) to guide the rest. As we go to dock at one of the smaller beaches that has houses next to it, (not private property) a stuck up lady around 45 years old shined her maglite right in our eyes and said WHAT ARE YOU DOING NEAR MY HOUSE DON'T EVEN THINK OF TRESPASSING! Perhaps the biggest of her life. I quickly grabbed the surefire m6 out of the boat and blasted her with it, :faint: and said "This is not your property, it is a public beach we have every right to be here." and then she called the cops on us because apparently if you are under 18 years old theres a curfew of 11:00 in our town, so we just drove home and stayed indoors. Sooo satisfying.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had one at the lake that would stand on her dock and chase you off if your boat was within yelling distance. She fed the fish and didn't want us catching them. I guess she named them too.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Something doesn't add up here. :thinking: People have houses near the beach but they're not on private property?
Maybe the beach is public but the houses ARE private and she was concerned that someone (you guys) didn't know where the public parts and the private parts :)devil:sorry, couldn't resist)are... probably reacting from past experience with other late night beach goers?????

Last edited:

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
Something doesn't add up here. :thinking: People have houses near the beach but they're not on private property?
Maybe the beach is public but the houses ARE private and she was concerned that someone (you guys) didn't know where the public parts and the private parts :)devil:sorry, couldn't resist)are... probably reacting from past experience with other late night beach goers?????

It was a lake and not the ocean. I believe it was private property. But I know it was not the part we landed on.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
In Texas, an individual can own or lease land to and into public water except for tidal (saltwater) where the state owns the land to the mean (average) high tide line. There are, technically, no private saltwater beaches in Texas. I think in some states, an individual can own the land beneath public water, but not the water itself. So you can float on the river but you tresspass if you go ashore.

I know you'll all sleep better tonight having learned this.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
@BigIron LOL

Stephen. That lady may have had previous problems with people coming on to her property and even causing trouble. Put yourself in her place. Would you want strangers that you don't know and therefore can't trust possibly coming onto your place with unknown intention? And is it justifiable to call her stupid because she doesn't have a high powered flashilght? If she had Tvord's tank light would she be not stupid? :thinking: