RGB rebel stars

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found these.
http://www.luxeonstar.com/item.php?id=5538&link_str=1430&partno=7007-RGB-01-3

It says what the forward voltage is, but can the leds be individually driven and controlled for some really cool color changing lighting effects?
Like for stages, studios, and certainly night clubs?

Looks cool - I've seen similar with 3 watt Luxeons in the past. I guess with the right reflector it could make a nice flashlight but for me I'd need to have a white in their too. Since the rebels are so small one reflector with a right size hole might do the trick.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
but can the leds be individually driven and controlled for some really cool color changing lighting effects?
?

the cool thing about this module, is its not common connection, common connections can Not be put in series, 1/2 the drivers out there wont work with them because of common battery grounds and sence resisters, and stuff like that.
when they do the 6 Wire , its can be turned INTO common connection if a person desires, so its a much better choice for series parellel arangements and various driver possibilities.

the voltages on any RGB vary depending on the emitter your driving.
Red emitters are 2.4v Type , and blue emitters are 3.6v type, and green is very close to blue with just a little less voltage.

because the voltages are way different, a current only type of driver would be the best choice of drivers. they have all kinds of RGB driver microprocessor power drivers for stuff like this, but the microprocessor drivers are not cheap at all.

with this non combined emitter packages, this should have an ability to have a drive current higher than the combined ones, like the "prolight"
the prolight is a 3W RGB sold by LCK, one of the banner advertisers here. it comes in a 6 wire or a 4 wire (common ground)
styles like the prolight, and the "ufo" type of leds have the different colors very close, in the same package.
by seperating the "hot point" of the emitters , convergance of the colors is different, but the heat is spread out across the star better.

Last edited: