WooHoo, just ordered a new Tiablo A9 !

BGater

Enlightened
Was at Lighthound, ordered the limited edition Tiablo A9 with a Cree Q5 in natural HA with smooth reflector. Also got some AW 18650 protected's and a charger. Best of all, this order was on pre-approval from the wife ! I was telling her about the A9 and she said "well, you better order one before they are all gone" . What a woman. :twothumbs

Last edited:

BGater

Enlightened
The only draw back to the A9 is its not regulated with 18650's, if im saying that right. Runtime plot looks like its direct drive on the lower voltage of one battery? I may put a new board in it or an A8 board if it is available. Good looking light , though. Should be here Tuesday.

Sid Post

Newly Enlightened
I'm used to SureFire lights but, the price and specs of this one are tempting. How durable are these lights? Is the quality of construction good?

What differences should I expect between the smooth and orange peel reflectors? Is the the "throw" significantly different? Typically, I get orange peel reflectors so I don't have artifacts and have better side spill but, this light has a lot more lumen's in it so I wondering if I should go with the smooth reflector.

Is this light reliable enough to take to a tactical pistol training class or, should I step up to a SureFire?

Thanks!

BGater

Enlightened
Sid, this will be my first Tiablo. I have heard good things about the A8 and hope the A9's are equal in quality. StefanFS did a great review on the A8, that would probably give you alot of insight about them. If I find the thread I will post the link.

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll repeat in this thread.

Tiablo is comming out with an A8 with Q5 emitter, shipping in Sep. I would wait if you want the Q5 with the A8 driver.

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
congrats Bgater! what charger did you pick up? Now go light up the neighborhood. Can't wait to get mine.:twothumbs