JETBeam C-LE all gone?

Gaffle

Enlightened
I am a typical :broke: flashaholic. This year I was hoping to get the JETBeam C-LE with some Christmas $. Just went to Emilions and I cannot find it on the site. Are they no longer in production? I just assumed Emilions would have the C-LE until Christmas.:mecry:

Yeah, yeah, I know it was only $20 with the CPF discount, I'm saving for Vegas and I'm paying of a crown (dental).

Last edited:

Dobbler

Enlightened
Re: JETBeam CL-E all gone?

I am a typical :broke: flashaholic. This year I was hoping to get the JETBeam CL-E with some Christmas $. Just went to Emilions and I cannot find it on the site. Are they no longer in production? I just assumed Emilions would have the CL-E until Christmas.:mecry:

Yeah, yeah, I know it was only $20 with the CPF discount, I'm saving for Vegas and I'm paying of a crown (dental).

They were $26. I have two I'm considering selling... IM if interested.

Gaffle

Enlightened

They were $26. I have two I'm considering selling... IM if interested.

Only if you are going to keep one around until Christmas. If you really want to get rid of one really quick like, count me out. Again, :broke:.

mchlwise

Enlightened

Add me to the list of people to PM around Christmas.

I've got an original one that's used very infrequently.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gaffle, why don't you PM Jetbeam in the Marketplace Forum and ask him directly about the next manufacturing plans? Jetbeam usually replies very quickly.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm.. I'm hoping they will release the C-LE with a Cree Q5 by Christmas. Now that would be a fine stocking stuffer!

flyingbrass

Newly Enlightened

My CL-E from DX sits unused in a drawer because it's junk. Runtime is shorter than was reported, plus it runs way hot. I'm not alone. I'd link to some threads if the search function worked here.

I gave Jetbeam a chance. No more for me. Quality problems seem to continue with their v2 CL-Es and the AAA models from what I've read.

Too bad. Jetbeams have a better exterior finish than the Fenix lights. They have real knurling instead of dinky, lightly stamped, decorative square checkers. They also have a more nicely textured finish instead of the slick, shiny Fenix finish that screams cheap.

However, Jetbeam circuitry is inferior even when it actually works, and their threads are inconsistent at best.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

My two CL-E's work perfectly well and after a good cleaning and lubeing of the threads also give a smooth operation. They do not heat up more than normal.
I can not say the same about all of my Fenixes.......

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

My CL-E from DX sits unused in a drawer because it's junk. Runtime is shorter than was reported, plus it runs way hot.

I agree - the DX versions (both under the JB C-LE name and their own re-branded X.V) were poor performers, as they used an early version of the C-LE head that was less efficient. The new v1.2 C-LE was greatly improved in my view, although the memory feature does require you do keep the threads clean for proper use. Here's my earlier review that has runtimes for all three C-LE versions:
Rexlight, DX X.1 & X.V, Jetbeam MkIIX & CLE, Fenix L1DCE review: RUNTIMES + BEAMSHOTS

I was one of the ones who reported disappointment with the memory mode/threads of the V1.2 C-LE and Jet-u on initial use. However, after giving them a through cleaning and lubing, and EDCing each of several weeks, I can report that in practice both work fairly reliably. And I agree the exterior design & knurling are very attractive on both.

If you can't get you hands on a v1.2 C-LE, here my review of some of the other multi-stage 1AA choices out there right now:
Rex 2.1, Luma 301, DX X.1, C-LE v1.2, Fenix L1DCE-Q2, DX/Kai 5-Stage Review: RUNTIMES

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

My CL-E from DX sits unused in a drawer because it's junk. Runtime is shorter than was reported, plus it runs way hot. I'm not alone. I'd link to some threads if the search function worked here.

I gave Jetbeam a chance. No more for me. Quality problems seem to continue with their v2 CL-Es and the AAA models from what I've read.

Too bad. Jetbeams have a better exterior finish than the Fenix lights. They have real knurling instead of dinky, lightly stamped, decorative square checkers. They also have a more nicely textured finish instead of the slick, shiny Fenix finish that screams cheap.

However, Jetbeam circuitry is inferior even when it actually works, and their threads are inconsistent at best.
Well.... it sounds like you got a bad one. I'm curious, did you try to resolve the problem with your dealer? I've actually got one of the original version 1.0 C-LE lights, and while yes, I did have to clean and lube the threads when I first got it, it certainly doesn't run hot, and I use it practically every day.

Anyway, sorry you got a dud light.

flyingbrass

Newly Enlightened

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/165718 is about the poor efficiency of some early ones (mine included). I didn't bother trying to return it. One of these days when I get into modding I'll install a better driver if I can get the head open. I like the small size and the finish. The threads on mine are a little sloppy but serviceable.

Selfbuilt, that's a nice comparison. I haven't decided on a replacement for the CL-E. I don't care for the "remember the last mode" feature in some of the newer lights. Also, I learned from my CL-E that I find low frequency PWM extremely annoying. I'm not sure how fast it needs to be before I can no longer detect it.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am a typical :broke: flashaholic. This year I was hoping to get the JETBeam CL-E with some Christmas $. Just went to Emilions and I cannot find it on the site. Are they no longer in production? I just assumed Emilions would have the CL-E until Christmas.:mecry:

Noooo! v1.2 straight from Emilion's is a fantastic light. I regretted only ordering one the first night of use. I hope they are working on a second batch.

mattblick

Newly Enlightened

Gaffle,

;)Don't be upset, just FYI, there is a button switch C-LE ver. 2 coming out soon, we will post here and keep you guys updated!

Best Regards,

That's good to know. I had just registered on the site to buy one w/discount and when I returned poof they were gone!! Hopefully with the button they remain as small as the 1.2..

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

I got one of those from DX a few months ago when they were $26. No serious problems. Switching levels is a bit fiddly, but works if you're quick. The finish is excellent.

Geoff

dpled

Enlightened

I'm waiting for the New Mk ll X........ Now if this is better than the old one with a Lithium Ion this should be a real Burner!
evilgrin07.gif

Jetbeam any idea when this one might be out?

gunga

Flashaholic

Interesting, in some ways, this would be the cree Mk2 people have been asking for (no crazy UI with 16+ modes etc...)

Cool...

:popcorn:

JETBeam

Newly Enlightened

I'm waiting for the New Mk ll X........ Now if this is better than the old one with a Lithium Ion this should be a real Burner!
evilgrin07.gif

Jetbeam any idea when this one might be out?
Hi,

New MK.II.X is also on its way, but the C-LE first around next week, Lithium Ion can not be used for C-LE. :p

and dracodoc, the price will be a little higher, within a reasonable range.
icon12.gif

Best Regards,

Last edited: