• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Why not make a Novatac 240P?!

xiaowenzu

Banned
I got my Novatac 120T yesterday and I must say it's the brightest little mass production light, I've ever held in my hands! It light's up my backyard like a house on fire - 120 pure Lumens out the front! :twothumbs

novatac120tlm1.jpg

Anyways, I just had a brain flash! Hehe, I'm probably sure people have thought of this already: Considering the Gatlight V3, which uses a Seoul Led, which is similar to Novatac, albiet a very special hand selected on capable of producing 240 lumens.... I was wondering if anyone here is going to make a Novatac that's 240 Lumens bright! I think it would be just awesome if somebody did that - it would be a killer single cell light. Imagine a Novatac 240T!! (okay okay, i'm dreaming but it might happen, because there's so many talented modders here.. in the meanwhile I am drooling* :drool::drool:

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you are comparing the same thing. I will be very surprised if the gatlights are truly 240 lumens out the front. also what is the highest drive level of the gatlights?

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with this concept is that The current battery technology doesn't support the kind of current required of a single cell system putting out that much light.

A 123a cell just isn't rated for thaat much current. RCR123 will do a but better but runtimes will suffer. Not to mantion the fact the light will become very hot very quick engaging the Tempature protection circuit rather quickly.
IMHO Singlr Cell powering technology has not cought up with emitter and driver technology.
Yaesumofo

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another issue is that the "bulb" lumens most companies use don't actually come out the front of the light. The HDS (and Novatac I assume) ratings are actual lumens out the front. So they probably have a LED rated at 150 or 160 lumens to get 120 out the front. So to get 240 out the front they'd need a 300+ lumen part.

Greg

speederino

Enlightened
A Novatac 170P is feasible with a V bin SSC. That's 170 out the front, in the neighborhood of 260 at the emitter!

Poor poor pitiful 123 batteries...I feel sorry for them!

xiaowenzu

Banned
A Novatac 170P is feasible with a V bin SSC. That's 170 out the front, in the neighborhood of 260 at the emitter!

Poor poor pitiful 123 batteries...I feel sorry for them!

170 Lumens out the front is good enough (for now). :DCorrect me if I'm wrong, but I mean it shouldn't affect runtimes at all when going from 140 to 170 lumens should it? because the LED is more efficient, and not all LEDs are made equal? Eg the Novatac 85p and 120P both run for about 35mins on Max, yet the 120P is noticeably brighter. So a 170P theoretically, should run 35 mins on Max too?! :popcorn: