how bright is the kL1 with E1e??

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
16 lumens yeah...but how bright is it if compare to mine Ultra or arc AAA??

I'm thinking about getting this combination for EDC along with my arc...is it really worth the almost 100 bucks price tag?

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

lionken07,

It's pretty bright - About the same as an Arc Premium LSL/LSH!

Dan.

pdm

Newly Enlightened
"I'm thinking about getting this combination for EDC along with my arc...is it really worth the almost 100 bucks price tag?"

Yes and No. are you referring to an ARC LS? A Luxeon is a different animal compared to the nichia. Spend your money on an ARC LS 2nd.

1 watt Luxeon ARC with a 4 hour burn. Hard to beat.

My favorite carry is the ARC LS. BOTTOM LINE: ARC LS...In my pocket, always!

The KL series married with the E1 is rough (as in texture), too large and requires effort to carry.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
arc aaa is only a nichia, the kl1 will completely obliterate it!

the arc ls-p however, has a good chance of beating the kl1 in terms of brightness however, because the premium uses top-notch luxeons, the kl1 is still luck of the draw.

if you are thinking about carrying the kl2 (or arc ls for that matter) with your aaa, then great! if you were referring to the ls, then i would suggest another additionaly light, as the arc ls and the kl1 are quite close in terms of light output.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I agree with Rothrandir.
I just compared my E1/Kl1 to my Ultra, and the beam of the Kl1 simply overwhelms the Ultra. It's hotspot is 3x the size and much brighter. I can't tell the Ultra is on when the beams are coincident. The numbers I copied off of the LED Museum a while back are 350 cd for the Kl1 and 15 cd for the Ultra. Seems to match my perception.

I carry a E1/Kl1 (not Elite) and an Ultra everyday. They make a good pair. I have no idea how the E1e would fare in a pocket, I like not having the pocket clip on the E1 for my EDC.

The only way the E1/Kl1 could be better would be if I could run it off a rechargeable AA rather than a 123....