UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Barbarin on 6-27-07 HERE.

SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE DEFINITIVE BEACON
Well, I didn't know where to put exactly this, but as long as we are manufacturers I think this is the place.
It all started when our customers asked for a traffic cone for police/security/emergency uses. We didn't liked too much the regular cones, as they were bulky and not too visible under some conditions, and at the end it has not too much sense to make smaller flashlights when you still need to carry that enormous cones.
Then we looked at new materials, such as those reflective prismatic plastics, and started to do some testing. We were amazed by the results, not only on bright yellow, but with white, as we got a kind of light really brighter than many others, with a very low cost item, really small, and effective (more visible).
emaildscf16520pe.jpg

It is easy to understand why call it the "collapsable beam diffuser-traffic cone"
emaildscf16485cy.jpg

Here you can see some pics comparing the beam diffuser for lantern light against a Osram LED lantern light. Of course same manual setting on digital camera for all the pics.
emaildscf16270vk.jpg

dscf16237op.jpg

dscf16252gu.jpg

As you can see is really a good light to be used as lantern, but IMHO the best part is when used for traffic or warning, made in bright yellow or orange.
Just some pics.
emaildscf16846ek.jpg

Red and bright Yellow
emaildscf16891fg.jpg

Yes, with switched off flashlights it is very visible, because it is reflective.
emaildscf16683rj.jpg

And some data:
Volume is just 3% of regular traffic cones.
Weight is just 20% of regular traffic cones.
Near 50% of the drivers perceive it (start braking) at double distance, 100% of the drivers can perceive it sooner than regular cones.
Maybe it is not the best invention, or the most original, but I think it can help saving some lives. Hope you like it.
BTW, it is available for U-04 models, and has a band to attach it to the flashlight even under helicopter wind.
Regards,
Javier Lopez

Greta

Flashaholic
Copied Replies:

Archangel06-27-2006 10:08 AM
Re: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

Count me in for all three. (smirk) Too bad they weren't ready a week ago.

Barbarin06-27-2006 10:17 AMRe: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

BTW, it can be used with any 28-36 mm head.

greenLED06-27-2006 10:40 AMRe: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

Excelente, Javier!! :twothumbs

GrooveRite06-27-2006 10:54 AMRe: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

That looks amazing Javier!! The colored material really stands out too. Theres no way anyone could miss that blinding bright colored lantern.

Barbarin06-27-2006 11:04 AMRe: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

On of the reason of its efficiency is that the colored-diffusor material is less than 0,2 mm, and it has also a fully transparent sheer to make it more rigid. On regular cones the colored diffusor material is at least five times thicker, and output percentage is greatly reduced.

Bright yellow, tending to green, is very different from dominant wavelenghts on sunset, down, or nights with sodium vapour light, and that makes it very visible.

Archangel06-28-2006 07:47 AMRe: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

Javier- Will the blue one for the U-04 be ready shortly?

greenlight06-28-2006 09:18 AMRe: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

A very good idea indeed. I think there are armbands that utilize this technology, too, and with an led inside. I happen to have a lot of the stuff sitting around, maybe I'll make one for myself.

Is your prototype retro-reflective on both sides? My samples are 3 layers, but only the top layer is retro-reflective. I don't think I have the right tool to bind 2 sheets back to back. A seal-a-meal maybe? Or a shrink wrap sealer?

Bogus106-28-2006 09:24 AMRe: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

Can you roll them up and will these be available? thanks

Barbarin06-29-2006 05:07 AMRe: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

Hello All,

White and yellow are available right now. Let me calculate a pricing for shipped by airmail.

You can't roll them, but one collapsed they are less than 2 mm thick.

Lux reading using regular traffic cones on a Barbolight U-04 and our traffic are at lest 500% better on th enew one!!!

They are retroreflective on both sides.

Regards, and thanks for your comments.

Javier

808CLIFF07-20-2006 09:32 AMRe: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

Hi, are the orange models available and did you work out a pricing yet?

Thanks Cliff

Barbarin08-03-2006 10:11 AMBarbolight invention. Cone/lantern . NEW PICS.

pirulo1ow5.jpg

Sunset, against city lights! That was me, arround 100 mts away.

Pricing arround 12,00 €, orange available, white and bright yellow.

As you can see this was intended as traffic cone, but now is being tested for SAR teams!

Javier

D MacAlpine08-04-2006 12:43 AMRe: Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern . NEW PICS.

Would the 12 Euro price include shipping (to the UK in my case)?

What are the actual dimensions?

For this price I think that I may need one to play with.

Don

DUQ08-06-2006 04:58 AMRe: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus1
Can you roll them up?

same question for me.

Archangel08-06-2006 06:53 AMRe: New Barbolight invention. Traffic cone/lantern . (pat. pend)

No, you can't roll them up.

Barbarin08-08-2006 10:06 AMRe: Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern . NEW PICS. Updated

Here are the pics of the definitive beacon, and some information too.

dscf1908vq5.jpg

dscf1906rq8.jpg

The only colors available by now will be bright yellow, bright orange, and white.

Bright yellow has the best visibility. White is perfect to make a lantern. Orange is very bright too, but not as much as yellow, but sometimes a different color is needed.

Total lenght 200 mm, width 63 mm, thickness (collapsed) is 2 mm max. Weights 20 gr.

We have fitted a double sided Velcro and it can stand even the wind generated by an helicopter.

They are available and can fit any flashlight head maximun diameter 37 mm. Indicated for heads with 27 mm optics.

Pricing is 9,90 € plus shipping (5,00 € urgent mail, up to three units).

If you are interested please send a payment with your shipping data to barbolight (at) barbolight.com by Paypal, indicating shipping address, number and type of beacons.

You won't be dissapointed.

Paul_in_Maryland08-20-2006 10:08 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

I've been meaning to start a thread, or even a Web site, devoted to traffic wands. I've bought more than a dozen, in various makes, diameters, and colors. The Barbarin appears to be the first that will fit a 36mm (tactical, non-miniturbo) Wolf Eyes (or "old" Pila GL2). And it's far more visible and more compact than conventional wands. I've just ordered an orange and a yellow.

ianb09-07-2006 10:14 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Javier,
:paypal: for 3 beacons, 1 of each colour please,

thanks, Ian :)

McGizmo09-07-2006 11:26 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

I got a sample white and yellow? (more a lime green/yellow?) from Javier and haven't got around to posting on these; my bad! These things are very simple and smart!!! They seem like a great idea with strong potential!! Good job!! :thumbsup: The LED seems to have plenty through put for both samples I got but I would guess the red would be better served with an incan source over white LED; red LED would be most effective but limited beyond this application.

LawLight09-12-2006 08:20 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Barbarin:

Will these fit the A2 by any chance?

Law

cy09-12-2006 08:28 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

nice job javier!

Archangel09-12-2006 08:33 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

They'd fit loosely on the A2, but you could make it work thanks to the strap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawLight
Will these fit the A2 by any chance?

LawLight09-12-2006 09:48 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Excellent. Thanks.

Law

JimH09-12-2006 12:44 PMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

ppsign.gif
for 1 white diffuser and 1 yellow diffuser.

rdh22609-12-2006 02:47 PMRe: Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern . NEW PICS. Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarin

They are available and can fit any flashlight head maximun diameter 37 mm. Indicated for heads with 27 mm optics.

Pricing is 9,90 € plus shipping (5,00 € urgent mail, up to three units).

If you are interested please send a payment with your shipping data to barbolight (at) barbolight.com by Paypal, indicating shipping address, number and type of beacons.

You won't be dissapointed.

This has to be the cool accessory of the year!

This includes shipping to the U.S., right?

Any likelihood of coming out with a larger (57mm for MagLite) model in the future?

-RDH

ianb09-21-2006 12:32 PMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Javier,
did you receive my order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianb
Javier,
:paypal: for 3 beacons, 1 of each colour please,

thanks, Ian

thanks, Ian :)

IsaacHayes09-21-2006 01:43 PMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

nice. I like reflective stuff, and this seems to be super cool! I like bright emitting stuff like this, like a huge el panel or glow stick on steriods. It's just pretty to look at. The yellow/green-yellow chartruse is one of my favorite colors.

I'm guessing a white cone would be better over a red led flashlight, than a red/orange cone on the red led. Imagine a lux3 R/O at 1.4amps with one of these on it! it would be painfull to look at!!!

The white would work too for any color led light. I have a cyan 2C maglite that would look cool. My cyan is blue-ish argon laser 485nm color. True-cyan. But a white flashlight is the most practical as you just change the color with the filter. I bet a blue would work good on a white flashlight. I'm surprised the red/orange look that bright on one!!

I've always thought some sort of frosted/reflective material would be best for spreading light out rather than an opaque colored cone. I've wanted to put some sort of crystaline type rod on a flashlight to do the same type of thing.

Good work!!

Paul_in_Maryland09-27-2006 01:10 PMRe: Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern . NEW PICS. Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdh226
Any likelihood of coming out with a larger (57mm for MagLite) model in the future? -RDH

A larger model could also be used on these models:
  • 38mm (Pentagonlight, TAC)
  • 41mm (Streamlight Stinger and TL-3)
  • 42mm (Wolf Eyes Explorer)
  • 43mm (Digilight/G&P/Cabellas/LEDWave Range Extender head, Pila GL3)
  • 45mm (Wolf Eyes 9M)
  • 48mm (G&P R500, R500S, Pila GL4)
  • 51mm (MAG C and D)
and others that I can't think of.

Archangel09-27-2006 01:44 PMRe: Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern . NEW PICS. Updated

I'm sure if larger one are made they'll be sized to fit the U-09 and U-15.

greenlight09-27-2006 08:41 PMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

I was inspired by this thread and made my own beacon using retroreflective sheeting. I cut a small strip and wrapped it around an Inova x1v.2. The x1 is already a good flood light, and the beacon does a great job of deflecting the light.

For free, it is a decent diffuser. Not as elegant as surefire's for sure.

I can see how having a beacon would be useful... and the retroreflector is a nice addition.

Here's my try:
inovax1.jpg

x1beacon.jpg

ianb10-08-2006 06:58 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Javier,
I have sent a PM and an E-mail to you re: an order I placed, it would be good to hear from you,
Ian

Paul_in_Maryland10-08-2006 04:41 PMRe: status of my order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_in_Maryland
I've just ordered an orange and a yellow.

I haven't received these cones, which I ordered by Paypal on August 20. I sent a PM more than 2 weeks ago but received no reply. Hello?

ianb10-09-2006 06:51 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Yes I'd be glad to hear from you Javier, these look like a nice addition to a flashaholics kit bag, or a cone collector (Paul, having read this thread :) )

I'd be glad to hear from you either by e-mail/PM or here,

Ian

Barbarin10-13-2006 07:00 AMRe: status of my order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_in_Maryland
I haven't received these cones, which I ordered by Paypal on August 20. I sent a PM more than 2 weeks ago but received no reply. Hello?

Sorry Paul,

I have been on holidays and traveling. Yours were sent by mail more than one month ago. I will check what happened on Monday.

Javier

ianb10-13-2006 08:45 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Hola Javier,

would you be able to check my order too please, gracias

Ian

ianb10-25-2006 09:50 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Received today :) , they fit nicely on my Super Flashlight III, my favorite the yellow green,
thanks, Ian

Rando12-26-2006 04:51 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Javier, your PM inbox is full.

Vinnyp08-05-2007 12:06 PMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Are these still available?

Barbarin08-08-2007 02:36 AMRe: UPDATED!!! Barbolight invention. Cone/lantern/beacon.ORDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnyp (Post 2051263)
Are these still available?

Yes, they are, but versión 2.0. We have made many improvements on the material, as the old one was a little brittle when temperatures were cold.

The new ones are much more durables, and cheaper. I will start a new thread to sell them.

Regards,

Javier

Pistolero

Enlightened
Hey, Javier, where's your paypal or whatever info.
I'd like to order a couple of these.

Thanks.

NVM: Found it.
Are you still taking orders for it? and are prices still the same?

Last edited:

horizonseeker

Enlightened
are they still only 1 size or available in multiple sizes? (I would like to purchase a few if they will fit over maglite D heads, aprox. 51mm.)

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.