CLOSED. Barbolight T-15. Pics & CPF sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

grinsefalle

Enlightened
christrose postet a pic of the T-15 with attached McGizmo-Clip in this thread.

I have a question about this:
How strong is this clip? If the T-15 is attached to your belt with this clip, how much power do you need to get the flashlight in your hands? What is the risk of loosing the flashlight during some movement?

regards,
Michael

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I have not tested it, but as the clip is made from Ti 6-4, tempered, it will be able to hold perfectly the light, althought it depends also on the thickness of your belt.

BTW: It was a pure coincidence the distance of the holes on the McClip and our tailcap, but I'm sure there is not out there a better clip. :)

Last edited:

grinsefalle

Enlightened
Hello,
I have not tested it, but as the clip is made from Ti 6-4, tempered, it will be able to hold perfectly the light, althought it depends also on the thickness of your belt.
BTW: It was a pure coincidence the distance of the holes on the McClip and our tailcap, but I'm sure there is not out there a better clip. :)

Hello,

this sounds great. Would be worth a try.
Another idea: my Gladius is carried in a custom made kydex holster, bezel down. I tried the T-15, it fits into the holster bezel up. Not perfectly, but good enough to see, that carrying it this way would be very nice.
Maybe I should think about such a holster....

regards,
Michael

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are making high quality nylon holsters, such as the ones used on our U-04's.

3.jpg

Luciferase

Newly Enlightened
Received my T-15 yesterday. I'm not set up to do beamshots, but suffice it to say that this is a really nice light.

blahblahblah

Enlightened
I received my T-15s. The McGizmo titanium clips fit perfectly on them. Use a 2.5mm hex (allen) wrench to install them. Make sure to use the Barbolight screws and not the clip's screws. The Barbolight screws came loose during shipping, so make sure to put them away safely or screw them in.

Also, the McGizmo clip has slight bend to fit around the cylinder of a flashlight. The Barbolight's mounting surface is flat. When the screws compress the clip, it acts as a spring loaded 'lock washer'.

I have some fresh 18500s on order, which will be used in these lights. The CR123a batteries kind of 'jiggle' in the barrel due to the extra space allowed for the 2mm larger diameter rechargeables.

As always, Javier makes a great light. The switch action is smoother than the switches on my U-15 and U-04 lights.

THANK YOU JAVIER ! ! !

Free

Enlightened
Does anyone have a source for 18500's that will work in this light. I am struggling to get these lousy batteries to work. The terminals don't stick out, in fact they are recessed, so any light that takes two, won't work without some modification. I have been crumpling up a piece of aluminum foil and putting it between the batteries, but that doesn't always work.

EKU

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have a source for 18500's that will work in this light. I am struggling to get these lousy batteries to work. The terminals don't stick out, in fact they are recessed, so any light that takes two, won't work without some modification. I have been crumpling up a piece of aluminum foil and putting it between the batteries, but that doesn't always work.

I use 6 ultrafire and all work very well without problems.

gjg

Enlightened
I just got 2 of AW's protected 18500's from Lighthound, charged them up, and they work and fit GREAT.
gg

Free

Enlightened
Thanks Guy's. The ones I have are from Battery Junction, and they are cheap, but the terminals are recessed, which sucks.

Just to provide my feedback, having had two of these lights for a while now. I actually think I prefer the U-15 form a little better. The extra length is not that much, in fact it makes it fit in the back pocket a bit better, and the longer run time, and 18650 batteries are preferred.

The light just feels a little more balanced with the large head. I still love my T-15's, but given a choice in the future, I would probably go with the longer light.

Of course my T-15's were Free, so you can't beat that. I am still waiting for Javier to send me a bill. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.