• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SOLD: Custom Made CR2 Knurled Flashlight for Sale--the Knurly Nellie

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, but this has been sold.

As some of you know, I'm a great fan of Katokichi's flashlights. His workmanship is always superb and his designs elegant in their simplicity.

As the proud owner of a precision lathe, I've been honing my skills while trying to produce something similar to Kato's work, and I am now offering a prototype CR Flashlight that I designed based on Kato's work.

The Knurly Nellie details:

Powered by one primary CR2 Li-Ion battery which provides power to a Mike Jordan Super Converter which drives a Seoul P4, bin USV0H, at roughly 550 mA. The body of the light is 6061 aluminum that has been electroless nickel plated. The lens is a mineral lens that is 1mm thick. The reflector is an IMS 20mm reflector that was trimmed to a 17 mm diameter. The beam is fairly concentrated, but with the typical nice sidespill common to P4s.

Note that there is no lanyard hole in the rear of the light--I designed this for pocket carry--it really is that small, plus I didn't want to clutter the design. For those who care, the knurling was cut into the body, not pressed. The knurls are actually little pyramids, yet not sharp, as I polished the body before plating.

The head is very firmly connected to the converter module, with tight fitting threads and a snug O-ring. This is done on purpose so that one can turn the light one with one head just by twisting the small head with ones fingertips.

And now some pics (I hope to add a beam shot later, once I can borrow my neighbor's tripod):

OnSlant1.jpg

slant2.jpg

backSlant5.jpg

For size comparison:

KI-and-Knurly-Nellie-Flash.jpg

KI on the left (not for sale) and the Knurly Nellie on the right (for sale).

Price: $275.00, includes shipping to the CONUS.

Insurance and overseas shipping would be extra, PM with your needs.

PayPal cash only to: paycashpal (at) photonfanatic.com

First "I'll take it," gets it.

Thanks for looking.

P.S. Also listed on another forum.

Last edited:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Custom Made CR2 Knurled Flashlight for Sale--the Knurly Nellie

I'll take it - looks magic.

farmall

Enlightened
Re: Custom Made CR2 Knurled Flashlight for Sale--the Knurly Nellie