What good single cell cr123a flashlights do you guys recommend

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking at a fenix p1d and a hyperion. Are there anymore that I should look into that are under $60. Thanks in advance

Spence

Enlightened
You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't check out the SURE FIRE "E1E" and "E1L", Xenon and LED respectively. Quality, reputation, performance and the lights the professionals go to. Good luck.

buttrock.gif

phosphor

Enlightened
I'd personally add the Lumapower LM303 to the list to be considered. Type "LM303" into the search function, and you will find some favorable reviews on this little light. VERY reasonably price for what you get.

- regards

mdocod

Flashaholic
+2 for LM303, I have purchased 8 LM301s (1 for self, for fiance, rest as gifts for other family/friends).... The L303 is basically the same light but CR123 instead of AA.

It may not have the most functions, may not be the brightest, but it's probably about the best balance of quality, brightness, runtime, and price that you'll find anywhere. I also personally prefer FEWER settings, so the simple low/high/off operation is very welcome setup in my book.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with Spence, check out the E1e.

I'm also very fond of my Fenix P1 CE.

kelmo

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix P2D is pretty nice.I have found it impossible to use the multiple modes of the P1D one handed.You can also lock the P2D in turbo mode so you only get that or strobe.Don't have one but I agree the P1CE looks nice and should work one handed OK since there is only one brightness setting. :grin2:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have the LP LM 303, but I have the M3 and edc it with the cr123a tube. Just the right size and plenty of light for most tasks. It is a little more than $60, but The LM 303 should be a good light.

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
The Fenix P2D is pretty nice.I have found it impossible to use the multiple modes of the P1D one handed.You can also lock the P2D in turbo mode so you only get that or strobe.Don't have one but I agree the P1CE looks nice and should work one handed OK since there is only one brightness setting. :grin2:

I agree! You might try the P2D-Rebel 100. I really like mine and they are around 56 bucks shipped from the http://www.fenix-store.com. :) Rememer discount code CPF8!

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I agree with outdoors fanatic as I have yet to find a one cell incandescent light as impressive as my trusty E1E paired with the various Lumens Factory lamps available.....it is really that good.

I also believe that every flashaholic should at least sample the KL4 powered on the one cell body and a good rechargeable 123 cell. I have seen others come and go however my trusty TW4 still amazes me to this day.....oh sorry I just noticed you had the under 60 dollar limit as this rules out the KL4.

If you can find one of the old Nuwai Q3 lights these were very popular around here for a long time. They are easy to mod and do well on rechargeable 123 cells. I really do not remember what they were going for as far as cost however I believe it was about 30 dollars.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
.....oh sorry I just noticed you had the under 60 dollar limit as this rules out the KL4.

If you can find one of the old Nuwai Q3 lights these were very popular around here for a long time. They are easy to mod and do well on rechargeable 123 cells. I really do not remember what they were going for as far as cost however I believe it was about 30 dollars.

Nuwai has an updated Q-III light, called the Q-100. It has a Rebel 100 LED in it. Look at Nuwai.com for details. Not sure when it will be released, but if it is as good as the Q-III was only updated, it should be worth waiting for. There is a thread about it, I guess in the LED forum.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just log onto fenix-store.com. As long as you want an LED, there is a light there for you. If there is not, describe you perfect light on here and Fenix are likely to respond in a couple of weeks with a new product. Fenix really listen to the customers, and release products in demand in a very timely manner. All they need now is a non-PWM low-low mode and I think they have catered for everything asked for so far.