Question about Khatod Triple Optics for Cree

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened
Hi,

I have an app that I'm building using a Mod-A-Mag PTS and 3 Cree Stars. My question is, does anyone know if the Khatod triple optic for the Crees will work with the PTS / 3 Stars? Or is the spacing off enough that I would need to go with 3 reflectors instead? I'm using this for a bike light, so I like the idea of the durability of a 3 beam optic in 1 unit, rather than 3 separate reflectors. I'm currently using 3 20mm IMS reflectors, and they just aren't quite nice. The legs have kind of broken off, and they don't position very well.

Any info appreciated.

As an aside, on my Crees, one of the little glass bubbles has popped off. The LED is still working, but can I just SuperGlue the bubble back on, or do I need to use some other adhesive, like an Epoxy of some sort?

Thanks all.

Green Ghost

Newly Enlightened
I tried fixing a damaged Cree Lens with superglue and got a supermess. the silicone under the lens got soupy and the superglue never really dried right. Try silicone.

Look at the Fraen Reflectors they are short but should fit the PTS and cheap. Electrolumens has some info on their applications

Wok

Newly Enlightened
Mark,

I have tried a PL35306TL, this is the 6 degree unit supplied by Cutter.

It is designated as an MR16 fit and does fit the PTS [from Sandwich Shop] if the legs are trimmed].

The beam is far wider then using three Cree lens [trimmed]......guessing at about double the spread.......very roughly, 2m diameter @ 3m distance.

It is possible I was not supplied the 6 degree specification :(

eng hoe

Edit: I used Cree mounted on disk.....not star ! Not sure if centering is the same.

Last edited: