For those with Fenix's new tactical switch......

clipse

Enlightened
Hows it feel? I have one on the way but......I can't wait. :D

clipse

Enlightened
Its a forward clicky.....i think. I know it does have a momentary on at least. They are being shipped with the L1T's and L2T's.

clipse

sandworm

Newly Enlightened
I like it a lot. It feels more like my e2e now. Push slightly for momentary, all the way in to lock. One thing that gets lost is the ability to stand the light on its end since it sticks out further than the reverse clicky.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like it might get turned on accidently in a pocket. I always carry mine with the switch down.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like it might get turned on accidently in a pocket...

I just pressed my L1T V2 RB80 down on a cheap ($12) Pelouze postal scale. Pressing down with it standing on the tactical switch it goes all the way down to 15 & 1/2 oz before the momentary comes on. Repeating the test, it often bottoms out the scale before turning on. Apparently the switch isn't consistent every time it's switched. But the lowest pressure I've seen is almost a full pound. YMMV.

Biggoggs

Newly Enlightened
I'm a little torn with the L1T V2's; they've got a forward tailswitch, momentary on, and easy selection of the two most often-used brightness settings without any UI navigation. I got an L1D body Monday for my L2D, and I've been using it constantly ever since, but I can't help but compare the two.

• Personally I'd prefer to signal someone with momentary-on of the -T than the strobe and SOS modes of the -D.
  • Using the forward-clicking tailswitch, you lose the ability to tailstand. If it was recessed like the reverse-clicky (is this possible?), you'd keep this ability
  • The lowest brightness of the L1T is 15 lumens for 15 hours, the L1D is 9 lumens for 25 hours. Might be a problem if it's your only flashlight, else I think it'd be fine
  • Highest brightness for both is listed at 90 lumens for 1.5 hours, although apparently the Rebel has a nicer beam
  • I could be wrong, but I don't think the L1T is digitally regulated like the -D
  • You can swap the heads between the L1D/L2D/P2D/P3D(?) & save some money like I did
  • The L1T is 3mm shorter than the L1D, which is ~3%, nothing special
I think if you gave the L1D a `tactical switch' that could tailstand, and gave turbo it's own mode (by dumping SOS mode and moving strobe in it's place), it'd allow momentary-on with the head twisted, and the low-med-high-[strobe] modes normally. Best of both worlds :)

e747

Newly Enlightened
I got my L1T v2 yesterday and love it! The switch doesn't feel quite as good as my U2 but its pretty much what you'd expect. The runtime on low could be better but I've got my AAA lights for long runtime at low levels.. :)

Daekar

Enlightened
I bought one of the new L2T v2.0 rebels for a family member and tried out the tactical clicky before I gave it to them - it seemed to work very nicely. It operated far smoother and more repeatably than the clicky on my 6P Defender does, although it does stick out for a ways. In the end I left the regular tailcap on when I gave it to them - I want to encourage them to use it like a candle if they need to.

clipse

Enlightened
I'm really looking forward to this switch. If it proves reliable enough, I'll try using with a the rogers technique for use with a handgun......Hopefully it will be more reliable than the switch on my E1L.

......I know I'll get crap for this, but, I wish they would have made it "push-->momentary, twist-->constant on". Those switches seem to be the most reliable with momentary on........I can dream can't I?

clipse

Khaytsus

Enlightened
My E1e after 3.5 years of low to moderate use, the momentary push is flakey, buzzes, have to press too hard, etc..

But it could probably be taken apart and cleaned, it's probably carbon build-up or such.

But you're probably right... A clickie dies = No light. Momentary gets a little flakey, but it'll still light up.

DocArnie

Newly Enlightened
......I know I'll get crap for this, but, I wish they would have made it "push-->momentary, twist-->constant on". Those switches seem to be the most reliable with momentary on........I can dream can't I?

AFAIK you can order the L1T/L2T V2.0 with a forward clicky OR with a "push-->momentary, twist-->constant on".
I'm thinking about getting one with this configuration.

clipse

Enlightened
Got confirmation that my Fenix L2T v2.0 should be here today. :D I can't wait till lunch.

clipse

tinkerer

Newly Enlightened
These new clicky tail caps available separately ? I can't find them on the Fenix store site......

:shrug: