Tree House time (pictures)

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the long overdue tree house thread. I wanted to get this posted earlier but there has been too many things vying for my time. However, now I am in the throws of completing it and I wanted to take you all along for the ride. And what better time than the introduction of my new Cool Fall forum. :)

HV1T0045.jpg

I started building the tree house last summer and finished it in December. As you see in these pictures it is still setting on the ground. If all goes as planned, it will be up in the tree on Labor Day. I make no promises though, that is just the plan right now. I have lots of work to do to finish getting ready. Like machining those large 16 x 12 x 4 inch blocks of aluminum.

HV1T8415.jpg

HV1T8614.jpg

HV1T9969.jpg

HV1T9971.jpg

HV1T9955.jpg

HV1T9958.jpg

HV1T9959.jpg

HV1T9961.jpg

HV1T9965.jpg

HV1T9972.jpg

HV1T9994.jpg

HV1T9995.jpg

HV1T9996.jpg

HV1T9999.jpg

treehouse.jpg

I get to play with some big boy toys this weekend. I have a 10,000 lb. LULL fork truck coming and a people lift too. The fork truck is the same kind as is in my "new lathe" thread.

How about that drill! :tinfoil:

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Dude! That's awesome. When I read "tree house" I was thinking something for the kids. I see this thing's for real!

WOW!

Norm

Retired Administrator
Love to come over for coffee sometime :), when you said tree house I was thinking kiddy tree house but that is something else. Very well done. :twothumbs
Norm

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data,

:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs. I must admit I was also thinking a "kids" treehouse.

It's gonna take a lot more to impress though now you've shown this - I await the video of it climbing up the tree, if you can get it to rotate at the top for those "candle lit dinner moments" all the better :wave::tinfoil:.

Awesome work :clap::bow:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, the stairs are custom fit to the tree. Each stair has its own 2" bar going into the tree. And each stair is tied to the stair next to it so it can not spin or come out of its hole.

"a cpf get together..." only if Milky surrenders the crew for PF10. ;)

"I await the video of it climbing up the tree" I can do that.

Well bring it on Norm, and please bring me a great boomerang, my son wants to learn how to throw one.

"I spy a gold Spy!" that would be goldfinger. :sssh:

Last edited:

Amorphous

Enlightened
Dave,

Your kids are so fortunate to have a father like you.. :thumbsup:

Also, nice to have some solar panel at the apex to power up the interior lighting? or lighting on the steps leading to the top?
Also, forget about cell phone, or cordless, it would be nice to to setup 2meter or 440cm HAM radios to communicate with the home base? :naughty:

We are all deeply impressed!!

Amorphous

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amorphous, the coke and beer fridge must have power! :drunk: I got a lot done since you were here. This is going to be a fun weekend.

KingGlamis

Banned
Very nice work, that is awesome. I'm curious if you plan to seal the top so rain doesn't get in, and if so, what are you going to use?

Stan671

Enlightened
Very, Very Cool, Dave.:thumbsup: The winch and forklift adds new meaning to the term, Barn Raising. Let me know if you need any extra hands. I work for pizza.

About those two blocks of aluminum: You said the SPY007 would be larger than the 005, but I did not think THAT much larger.:eek:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Way cool Dave! :D That give an interesting perspective to tree hugging! I will be curious to see how you boot the top of the house to seal around the tree.

EDIT: I missed KingG's post. What he said. :eek:

tdurand

Enlightened
What no collapsible "slinky-like" staircase that proportionally grows when the house is elevated? Psh!

No cool counterweight driven elevator??? Psh! Psh!

No rain waterwheel-driven refrigeration?? Pshssssh!

J/K :naughty:

Dave that blew me away! Very Lothlorien-like. Awesome!:twothumbs

T

jtice

Flashaholic
Holy Crap Man !!!! :eek:oo:
Thats a Tree Condo !!!
I have seen actual homes that were not that nice.
Looks like you are doing an excellent job, those steps would be awesome.
Look forward to seeing it up in the tree :)

~John